Chapter 11: Pain and anger

"Pai..."

"Yeah?"

"I think you're not wrong but..."

"But?"

I can't focus, idk why. If she's right that Balladeer is a Fatui, then is he the Fatui killer we've been waiting to catch? 

But how is it possible? When I met Tartaglia, he didn't have such a power as Balladeer (can go to my dream) same as La Signora. This annoying dude is more than that Snezhnaya guy and that elegant-looking woman, La Signora.

"Y/N?" Paimon calls me, breaks my daydream.

I blink my eyes a few times, "...you know what, I guess we need to go back to the ceremony's place."

"Huh?" she's still confused and frowns at me.

"Please, can we go?" I inquired. 

I know that she is still confused but like it or not she decided to follow my command.

******************

We arrived at the ceremony's place. What the?

I see no people here, where did they go?

Paimon turns to me, "Eh? Where'd he go?".

"Yeah, where's everybody?" "I've got a bad feeling about this," I reply.

"Hmm..." Paimon seems to discover something, "Hmm, looks like there's something over there..."

Paimon's right, I think there's something over there, where Mata had been standing.

I approach that 'something' with Paimon.

"Is this the Maushiro?" Paimon asks "Nice! Guess Ruu didn't trick us after all!".

"Well, I suppose that's this commission done." I sigh. "Still... Paimon feels cheated!" she says.

Well yeah, but then I remember something of what just happened when we were talking with Ipe and Makiri.

I kinda chuckle at Paimon, "And what were you cheated out of, exactly?". "They said there'd be a ceremony! And we helped them out with so many things, too!" she answers. I'm just smiling at her, "Well, I'm not sure any of this matters other than getting the job done."

Paimon sighs a bit, "True, but there is one thing that's still very strange...".

True, this weird island, and of course...

Balladeer.

"There should've been more people here, but it looks like all of them have vanished..." Paimon says, "And all those people felt like they had a few screws loose, anyway...whatever, let's go search for that killer!"

Right, after all this fog has vanished my plan it's to search for that Fatui killer.

But...why do Inazuma City's people call it Fatui? How did they know? The killer was informed is fast like a cheetah. Are they calling the killer a Fatui because as they knew Fatui loves killing people, mostly innocent people? Plus the killer killed Inazuma City's civilization (which is kind people), so is that what they thought?

That could make sense. Well, it's just a theory. But it's not wrong to tell this to Pai.

"Paimon," I call her. "Yeah?" she asks.

After telling her your theory...

"Oh! That makes sense for Paimon!" her eyes wide. "Alright, let's go search for tha-" my words cut off because suddenly...

...suddenly everything changed.

I see my left side but I don't see Paimon. 

Goodness gracious! Everything is black and white here. And it's like I'm in the vintage-atmosphere movie.