Consequences

It took a second for Hippolyta to regain consciousness after the hit she took but eventually she did. When her eyes opened she found herself staring up at the ceiling of the warehouse. That's when it hit Hippolyta as to what actually happened.

Hippolyta: I lost.

Her voice was low and she wasn't talking to anyone in particular. But even so the Queen got a riply

Superboy: you're awake, good. I was afraid I might've over did it there for a second.

The voice was easily recognizable to Hippolyta and if she had to be honest with herself not what she wanted to her at the moment. Knowing she was going to have to deal with his gloating over her lose she turned her head towards him. Best to just get it over with now. What the Queen of the Amazons saw though wasn't arrogance or smugness over his victory. Instead it was something else, concern.

Superboy: how are you doing?

Hippolyta: my head feels like an entire team of dancers just got done using it as a stage. Oh and I guess my pride has taken a beating too. Other then that I guess I'm ok.

Clark smiled down at Hippolyta before standing up and reaching out a hand to help her up too.

Superboy: considering you got a lot to say........

Hippolyta reluctantly took Clark's hand and accepted his help up.

Superboy: and nothing appears to be broken, I'm sure you'll be ok.

Hippolyta: I guess.

The Queen of the Amazons couldn't seem to get over the fact that she was defeated. Not only that but defeated by a man, and to add insult to injury it all happened in front of the other Amazons. She honestly didn't see how things could get worse for her.

Superboy: well now that I see your ok.

Hippolyta watched as Clark went from friendly to serious. She watched as Clark stood up taller and placed both closed fists on his hips. Normally Hippolyta would laugh at anyone who struck a pose like that but for some reason she thought it looked impressive when Clark did it.

Superboy: we need to talk terms.

Hippolyta: I knew we'd get to this part at some point.

Superboy: it's not like it's difficult or anything. All I'm asking is that from now on you and the other Amazons start treating the men that decide to stay here with dignity. Start treating them like actual human beings.

Hippolyta: as Queen on the Amazons, I Hippolyta will make sure everyone follows your terms of victory.

Superboy the relaxed a little and Hippolyta saw some of that kindness return.

Superboy: thank you.

Hippolyta: I guess if we're done here I need to excuse myself in order to prepare.

Superboy looked puzzled by this.

Superboy: prepare? The only thing you should be doing is resting.

Hippolyta: that is part of the preparations.

Superboy: and what exactly is it you're needing to prepare for?

Hippolyta: the challengers.

Superboy: challengers? what challengers?

Hippolyta: the challengers for the throne of the Queen of the Amazons.

Superboy: so like a leadership challenge?

Hippolyta: yes.

Superboy: ok? But how do you know their's going to be anyone challenging you for leadership?