special | payment

you stood. tapping the cashier counter, eyes locked onto your phone, counting the seconds till your shift was just about to be over. when he would come. and then..., that damned sound rang through your ears.

"uhh... can i get a... um..."

mondays at 4:57 pm

thursdays at 4:57 pm

saturdays at 2:27 pm

this customer always came at the exact same time on the same days of the week. coincidentally, you always had these shifts.

three minutes till closing, he would walk in, not seeming to know that you were just about to close up. and when you got annoyed, he looked shocked, boasting about who he was.

not to mention, he always took at least a minute thirty just to decide what he wanted. although, after about two months of seeing him and taking his order, he stuck to a certain drink. he didn't even have to finish his sentence before you turned around to whip up his order.

sighing, you grabbed a take-away cup from the station, went to the machine and began to add juice. once the cup was three-fifths of the way full, you added fizzy water till the contents hit just before the brim of the cup. picking up a lid and a spoon, you brought the drink to the counter, making sure to stir it seven times in front of him, per his request. popping the lid on and reaching down to grab a straw, you passed it over to the man.

punching the drink into the pad and taking his card for the transaction, you stopped.

PAYMENT DECLINED

"theres no fuckin way..." you muttered under your breath. "your card declined. it's either you call up the bank, try another card, or give me cash. one of those three or you're not getting this drink."

the man looked dumbfounded. "wha–what?? my card declined?! the arataki itto's card DECLINED?!?!?" you crossed your arms. "that's what i just said."

less than three seconds after, a group of people barged into the cafe. one carrying what looked like a heavy-ass camera, another lifting up a microphone, and a few were stationing a ring light on the floor. "arataki itto! it seems your card declined!"

"oh really now...? i never would've guessed...! wait "

"yes it does. be prepared to work here for three months, superstar! we got the footage we need. let's roll out everyone!"

you looked at itto and he looked at you. simultaneously, both of you stared at the retreating group.

"so... i guess i'm working here now! care to show me the ropes~?"

you packed up your bag and threw him the key to lock up.

"absolutely not."

"we're gonna keep you at the cashier... since we don't trust you with anything else." your co-worker, rosaria, explained. she was a bit late to her shifts but you didn't blame her, coffee shop work isn't the greatest. especially when you're working at a popular one like swirl. "it's simple, you take the order, put the order in, get the money, relay the order to us, and onto the next customer."

you nodded along to rosaria's words, adding along, "noelle here is in charge of waitressing. so..., you don't need to worry about her unless she's on her break. then, you'll have to become a waiter until she's off."

the jingle of the door alerted the group. you nudged itto's shoulder. "look. a customer...! get ready, itto."

the man walked up to the counter. "uh... good morning, can i have a uh... moonlit alley please? here you go." he handed over his card and itto took it. you, rosaria, and noelle were all watching in suspense as he slid the plastic into the machine. one too many times. looks like someone's having trouble...

"um... sorry sir, just a moment... psst! y/n! over here!"

finishing up the drink, you took a very deep breath before walking over to the cashier stand.

"what is it?"

itto waved the card between the two of you and pointed at the machine. "it's saying error! see!" he put the card into the device again and

"how the fuck do you put a card in wrong??"

just after a month and a half of working at swirl, it would be an understatement to say that itto has gotten accustomed. even though he mainly manages the cashier, he also waiters even when noelle isn't on break, and sometimes dabbles in making drinks...! not to mention, his looks and supposed "fame" has brought the cafe even more fame. recently, people have been coming just to look at him. they would order a simple drink and take a seat with the "perfect view" to watch that man work. more often than not, someone would try to ask him out but he would always decline with a sorry expression on his face.

one of these times, you needed to get an extra stock of caramel from the cabinets in the cashier counter. as he was rejecting someone, you took the metal bars in hand and bent down. itto felt your presence lower, so he held the ceramic part of the counter that you were most likely to hit. after retrieving the caramel and some cocoa paste just to be safe, your head hit his fingers instead of the hard-ass slab like you were expecting.

"thanks." you looked up at him, holding the jars in your arms tightly. "of course! wouldn't want to hurt that pretty little head of yours..." the customer watched the whole ordeal happen, and they came to a conclusion, especially after seeing itto's face after exchanging words with you or even seeing you. someone's got a crush.

"hey uhh... y/n?" you were busy tidying up the drink making station when you heard itto's voice. turning around to the cashier area—where he was—you put your hands on your hips. itto's card was stationed between his fingers, with a stupid smile on his face. you just knew he was going to say something dumb. "i'd like to make a purchase"

eyes squinting in confusion, you thought. he's been working the cashier for around three months now... i knew he was stupid but there's no way... "a purchase of what exactly...?"

"your love, of course!"

if there was one thing arataki itto knew how to do..., it's catching you off guard. snapping out of your daze after processing his request, you found yourself being the subject of his numerous pictures. "n/n! make that face again! you look so pretty like that! c'mon now! do it please~!"

in the midst of his praise and begging, you muttered something. "okay." at first, itto thought that it was for his collage, but your certainty made him realize. her love, i can get it.

his hands met your waist as he hoisted you up onto the counter, blubbering. "wh–what did you say?? do ya' really mean it?" seems he was more oblivious than you thought. thinking about the past three months, and all those memories that were filled to the brim of him, you arrived at your answer. crossing your legs, you nodded. "yeah. i mean it."

PAYMENT APPROVED