one ; viparyas

new. fucking. seats. you listened to the whining of your classmates, conversing with your friends, waiting for your name to be called. "n/n! do you think miss minci will change her seats as well? if miss miko is doing it, the chances of minci rearranging them would increase wouldn't they?" you pulled your eyes away from the muted white light streaming into the classroom. the curtains dancing along with a soft breeze. striking red eyeliner adorned thought-ridden golden eyes. "of course she will. miko and minci are two peas in a pod. they do nothing without each oth–" a sweet and sultry voice called your name, telling you to enter the classroom. waving a bye and good luck to yoimiya, you took a deep breath and stepped inside. "secretary y/n. middle column, fourth row. next to that white lump." she briefly pointed to the figure hunched over in the chair, presumably taking a nap, before ushering you to your new assigned seat.

sliding your bag off your back, you let it rest on the back of the maple wood chair, attention redirecting to the view outside. the english room had a true view of the garden. an uncountable amount of flowers and trees were cultivated there, including cecilias, glaze lilies, sakura blooms, and padisarahs. but your ultimate favorite were the viparyases. the euphoric blend of the colors kept you at ease and the soft touch of the petals proved to be a perfect subject for your photos. sighing deeply, you envied the person who would be sitting at the window, overlooking such a captivating view. the quietness of the room quickly got overridden as more and more students received their seats. as the last desks were filled, miko allowed the rest of this period to be a free one, earning a bountiful amount of cheers.

yoimiya skipped next to you, sitting down in the chair in front of yours. you watched her eyes as she glanced over at your deskmate and back at you. "english this year is gonna be bad for you..." tilting your head in confusion, you promptly asked why. "oh. you don't know? ah, don't worry about it. you'll find out soon enough..." she laughed a bit, amused by her actions to keep you in the dark. "y/n!" a figure in green and white accents to complement the uniform ran towards you, a smile on his face. "the gardening club is adding new flowers! i heard that they're gonna plant new viparyases~!"

your breathing became heavy, and your eyes widened. new. viparyas. you looked out the nearby window and back at venti. "new viparyases! are you sure? really?" he chuckled at your enthusiasm, putting a hand on your shoulder. "yes i'm sure! the wind told me!"

shoulders relaxing, you shrugged venti's hand off, deadpanning. "hehe... you know n/n! you look like diluc when you make that face... haha... please don't hurt me!" you took steps closer and closer to the liar. he smiled in response and simply fixed the viparyas in your hair.

"the... arataki gang... rules...!"

you were busy play-fighting venti when a deep voice halted your movements. stiffly turning your head to the source and back to the green elf, you quizzically looked at him then yoimiya. the blaring of the lunch bell made you jolt and the students quickly packed up their stuff and rushed out, you included.

mere centimeters away from the door, you made a u-turn and marched on back to your shared desk. yoimiya and venti were waiting outside for you; slowly growing impatient, the former yelled. "y/n! what are you doing in there?!" your body shivered at the loud sound, not wanting such a thing to bother your... whatever this is. "i'm waking him up! and don't yell!" you softly tapped him on the shoulder while finding a softer alternative to screaming. soon enough, both the green elf and the red elf came stumbling into the classroom.

however, physically stumbling wasn't the only thing they were doing. they were also stumbling on their words. venti desperately tried to get out a "she's what?!" while pulling out his (unsurprisingly) green and white phone, starting to record the whole ordeal. and yoimiya was busy fake fainting and saying, or at least trying to, that "she'll miss you." pushing their antics aside, you continued to poke his shoulder. the more you poked him, the sleepier he got. in your eyes, there was only one more way. "NO! DON'T YOU DARE!" the fact that both your friends were advising you against this was a call but, who cares?

you stretched your body and heard the brisk crack of your knuckles and... pulled his hair. that ivory and cherry hair. it was soft, very soft. but your praise for this man's hair care routine quickly came to a stop as he snapped his head up. "who the fuck is touching my hair?!" venti scurried yoimiya and himself over to a safe spot, free from the man's wrath but of course, still recording. the man yelled out another string of threats but that made a 180 once you came into his view. "oh hey... pretty lady. don't mind about pulling my hair... you can pull it all you like. did'ya know i'm the leader of the all-renowned arataki gang? betcha' did but i'll remind you. being the leader means i got the mora..." he briefly made a money gesture and laughed so hard he almost choked before continuing. "to support you. i got a whole gang behind me. not to mention i'm loyal and will never fail you. don't forget, ridiculously handsome!"

you softly pulled your fingers out of his white hair, avoiding looking at those expectant eyes of his. backing away slowly, you signaled to your friends that it was not safe here and that we should leave. the man was sitting there, still hoping, while the three musketeers fled the room. "wha–? HEY! THE NAMES ARATAKI ITTO! DON'T FORGET IT!" he yelled, praying to the archons above that he was still in earshot of them.

itto packed up his stuff and walked towards the door before a purple-hued object grazed his view. picking it up, he studied it carefully and closely

this is the plant that was in that pretty girl's hair

looks kinda weird but it's pretty i guess

wait! now i have a reason to find her!

flower girl, here i come!

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·