two ; disharmonic

itto cheerfully skipped down the halls of teyvat high, lollipop in his mouth. students passing by gawked at his unusual mood and mentally made an escape route if he went rogue. entering the dining hall, he bounced over to his friends, sitting at their usual table. "oh-ho-ho...! what's got sir. arataki itto in such a good mood today?" childe looked up from his lunch, inspecting the man that adorned a painfully wide grin on his face. "you're right kaeya. he does seem happier!" "or, you're being dramatic." diluc spat, earning a pout from kaeya. "oh shut it! just because you're never happy doesn't mean itto can't be! ...now come over here. tell us everything." kaeya dragged itto to the nearest seat and sat him down, halting when he saw that purple flower.

"itto!" kaeya called out. "where did you get this?" pointing to the plant held tightly in his hands, itto briefly explained what occurred. "so... do you know who my flower girl could be?" a hopeful expression plastered itself onto the oni's face. "no." both kaeya and childe had not a clue, but diluc... "it's a viparyas. a sumeru flower. quite rare. might invest in it."

- - -

you melted in your seat as the flavors of thoma's desserts soothed your tongue. god, his food was good. partaking in conversation with your friends, you fixed your hair due to venti messing it up a few seconds prior. what? patting your head again, you felt around for your flower, but to no avail. standing up abruptly, you knelt on the floor and looked below the table and next to the chairs. "n/n? what's the matter?" kazuha spoke out, just as confused as the rest were. "my viparyas! it was in my hair just a moment ago..." bringing yourself to your feet, you rushed out of the room, yelling an 'i'll be back!'. racing up the treacherous stairs, you barged into the english room, eyes scanning for purple. looking under desks and even in them, you sighed defeatedly. you don't know where this damn viparyas could be. sulking on the way back to the dining area, a familiar sight caught your eye, along with a not-so-familiar figure.

marching over to that recognizable plant, you tapped the new wielder's shoulder but before you could get a word in, he spoke. "f-f-f-f-flower girl!" itto stood up from his seat and gave you a deep bow. you could've sworn he turned into a 90-degree angle. you simply stood there, and at intervals, looked at his friends sitting fairly amused at the table. "uh-! i mean! h-hey flower girl." itto realized what he was doing after about fifteen seconds and quickly straightened his body, making his voice a bit deeper in the process. kaeya and childe had to physically hold each other so that they wouldn't burst out laughing. giving him a forced smile and saying hello, you sighed as that was the only thing you could say before he started rambling again. "remember me? ha-ha! of course, you did! all the chicks come running back eventually! you just couldn't wait to tell me you've accepted my offer, could you?" you blinked once, and twice. then a third. you grew impatient with this man in front of you, and the stares you received from his friends didn't help either. lunch would soon be over, and you had a meeting right after. if you had nothing in your stomach, you wouldn't be able to sit there and listen to keqing talk about whatever was wrong now.

"after all, i am the leader of the arataki gang! chicks flock to me like... like... uh..." itto desperately tried to find an analogy to fit his statement, but his iq is in the single digits so he was working in vain. "itto, is it?" praying to the archons above, you wished that you wouldn't get interrupted again, consequentially losing your train of thought. "thats my flower. give it back." your body language visibly became stern and your words were proof that you were extremely irritable. itto, although not being the smartest one, surprisingly didn't take multiple minutes to realize your mood. 'ooohhh's from childe and kaeya broke the disharmonious silence as itto handed over your viparyas, defeated. finding the usual spot, you slid it into your hair, before genuinely smiling at itto.

- - -

"oh, there she is!" thoma quickly cut a slice of strawberry cake for you and walked over, stopping prematurely once he saw your running figure eyeing the cake in his hands. snatching the plate and fork, you took a bite, visibly expressing your contentment with the treat. itto stood there, watching as you conversed with thoma. she's with... thoma-bro... falling to his knees with a 'thump', diluc, childe, and kaeya exchanged glances before going about their days. itto was very dramatic, this was very normal. hearing the sound, you gave the near-empty plate back to thoma, whispering an 'i'll eat you later'. walking to the hunched-over man, you asked around to know what could've happened. "only the archons know...!" kaeya snickered, popping another chip in his mouth. "itto? is everything alri-"

in a simple second, your body was below his, and he cornered you with his arms. white hair gracefully draping over the both of you, his eyes met yours. the air was sweet as itto uttered a few words. "i knew you loved me- aw! fuck! what the hell?!" pushing your pepper spray back into your cardigan pocket, you escaped from his lock. saying goodbye, you turned back to thoma, just to be met with the entirety of your friend group. "on the floor?" heizou inquired, phone in hand. they all had their phones out. you were going to get blackmailed, no if's or but's about it. itto, still on the floor, picked up the viparyas that fell out of your hair, again. standing and sauntering over to you, he tapped your shoulder and suddenly his face was mere centimeters from yours. presenting the flower to you, he smiled whispering a 'for you, my lady'. reaching for the viparyas, itto pulled his hand back in response, grabbing your wrist a few seconds later. "put that pepper spray away, please? i've barely recovered. do you want to fuck up my eyes, again?" letting go of the device, you grabbed itto's forearm and pulled him closer. "and what if i do?"

taking his flustered mood as an opportunity, you plucked the flower from his hands, just for it to be taken from you once more. "let me do it." itto looked over your body, placing a finger to where your viparyas would usually be. "here right?" nodding as you braced yourself for the continuous explanations you'd have to conjure up, the bell rang, and luckily itto just finished accessorizing your hair. snatching your bag from kazuha and the slice of strawberry cake from thoma, you raced out of the dining hall, making sure that the viparyas didn't fall out this time.

"send the pics and videos you guys took in the group chat!" venti exclaimed, mischievously laughing before heading to his next class

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

3k reads <3