YUNGI

🌙🌙🌙

"Midnight Memories"

By Yeo_Mama

🌙🌙🌙

Through countless tears and nine month long fears, lasting memories are made at the dead of midnight.

🌙🌙🌙

It was late.

The house was dark, devoid of all light besides a lonely yellow glow that emitted from a single bedroom. Cicadas buzzed outside, along with the occasional car passing by. Light rain coated the windows, the heavy April showers fading into early May as tiny drops quietly pattered down against the glass panes, the blinds drawn for the night. Yunho listened to the night's ambience, wiping a hand across tired eyes as he opened the refrigerator, wincing at the stream of white fluorescent that invaded his senses. He quickly grabbed what he needed, blindling grasping at a bottle of flavored electrolytes before he shut the door; sock-clad feet padding against wooden floors.

He casually followed the warm streak of light that painted the walls of his home like a guiding beacon, discreetly slipping past a pair of black scrubs that hustled out of the master bedroom; Wooyoung's arms laden with dirty towels. Seonghwa was stripping the bed as he walked into the room, pulling off white sheets as he replaced them with a clear mattress protector. He layered clean towels and soft blankets over top, a pile of absorbent pads sat next to him. He worked efficiently and neatly, though Yunho easily ignored him as he dipped into the neighboring en suite instead, navigating his way through the dark space. He approached the bathtub, kneeling down so he was level with the hunched body sat inside the vat of hot water, soothing a large palm across a curved spine.

Mingi didn't bother to look up at his husband's touch, forehead cushioned atop his arm along the tub's lip, his other arm draped limply over the edge. A bright yellow stress ball was clenched tightly in his hold, courtesy of Wooyoung; his fingers routinely squeezing at the stiff material. Ripples formed around him as he shifted on his knees, adjusting himself as a burst of air rushed past his lips, nails digging into the lemon-colored ball deeply. After a beat though, he finally surfaced from the crook of his elbow. His eyes were squinted and puffy as he looked at the male in front of him with a forlorn expression; lips and brows downturned sadly.

"Want a sip? It's blue. Your favorite flavor."

Yunho attempted to joke, smiling down at him softly as he presented the sports drink he'd brought with him, shaking it lightly in an effort to entice his lover. The corners of Mingi's lips twitched in response, the blonde slowly pushing himself upright as he motioned for the bottle with an open hand. He graciously accepted it, albeit shakily as his husband twisted off the lid in advance. His chapped lips wrapped around the rim as he sipped the blue liquid, humming at the cool, refreshing flavor.

Yunho simply let him drink for however long he wanted, rather taking the time to scoop handfuls of hot water over the stretched mound of pale skin that jutted out from the younger's hips, heavy with the unborn weight of a little baby girl. The brunette rubbed at the rounded crest, tracing the dark line that ran down his husband's swollen middle with a delicate fingertip. Goosebumps followed after it like a trail of wildfire.

Mingi had gone into labor early that morning, unexpectedly waking up to growing contractions without further notice. It left him stressed, and frankly, completely freaked out over the journey he was about to face in delivering his and Yunho's very first child. And a process it was.