"You will receive your results after the biopsy, " the doctor stated before leaving to attend another patient

It was most definitely not what Kimberly wanted to hear.

She wanted to know what was wrong, but she quickly took in a deep breath and stood up, making her way to the parking lot. She texted Sae-byeok on the way, apologizing for her sudden departure and went to the office.

At around lunch time, Namjoon caught Kimberly on her way down.

"Hey, Kimberly, you going somewhere for lunch?" he asked

"Yeah, I was thinking of visiting my parents. You could come along if you wanted to," Kimberly offered. Her eyes had a bit of hope he would agree and he did.

"Sure," he said.

They got to the parking lot and got into Kimberly's car.

"I want a cat," she said as she started the car

"What?"Namjoon asked, chuckling a bit.

"I want a cat. Or a hamster. Or a dog. I mean, I need someone I can be with when both Yoongi and Sae-byeok aren't there." she explained, to which Namjoon only nodded

......

It was already 6 pm in late autumn so most people were already with their families. As Kimberly walked into the building, she greeted the receptionist, Rebecca, and a few guards and headed for the elevators. She reached the 21st floor, noticing that Claire was not at her desk. She entered her work office, noticing that Mr Kim too was not there.

She opened her laptop and continued planning for the party in a few weeks. Kimberly then noticed strange sounds emitting from the opposite office. She had realized when she walked onto the floor, that no one was around, that she was the only one there. The whole building was practically empty.

Kimberly got up from her desk and walked up to Mr Park's office, where she knocked several times, but no one answered. She slowly cracked the door opened and left her mouth agar at what she saw.

It was Claire with her head thrown back and her back facing the door...

Riding on something

Claire moaned, loudly, clearly thinking she- alongside the other person- were the only people left in the building.

Very mistaken

She panted vigorously, a person's hands slithering up her back and landing on her neck. Kimberly immediately felt her face flush and rushed to close the door, unintentionally slamming it.

Ironic right?

"What was that? I thought you said you checked the area" a voice asked

"I did. Let me go check, "

Kimberly quickly, but quietly removed herself from the door to her work office feeling embarrassed, where she packed her things and ran to the elevators, the doors closing when the office doors opened.

She passed by Rebecca quickly, announcing her goodbyes, halting in her tracks as she went back to her.

"If anyone asks who was here..." Kimberly thought of an excuse " the guards were inspecting, " she added, receiving a side eye from the guard next to the reception, to who she gave a short smile to and dashed home.

Sorry, not sorry

Kimberly reached home, locking the front door as she headed to the couch, slumping on it when she got there. She was tired and a tad traumatized by what she had seen. Kimberly had no problem with people experimenting with their sexual life, it's just that she had not. But it's not that she didn't want a relationship, it's it's that the people that she met never tickled her fancy.

Kimberly sighed, opening her bag to continue planning the event when she realized that she had left her laptop on the desk. There was no way she could get it then, for obvious reasons, so she decided she would get it the following day before anyone got to the office early.

She looked around her apartment, missing the noise that her two idiots created when they were there,and headed towards her room.

...

The following day, Kimberly woke up as usual, got ready for her and went to work using her own car. She walked past the reception, greeting Rebecca with a smile before going up to her work floor. The anniversary party in less than 2 weeks and she had not started with the foundation of the the party.

She got off the elevators, passing by the offices, greeting a few colleagues as usual, and entered the staff room. There she found a group of colleagues surrounding and laughing at something a certain woman said.

They stopped laughing as soon as they sensed a presence. The woman's face turned into a look of confusion and slight disgust with a mug brought close to her lips.

Kimberly smiled weakly and walked over to the coffee maker and made herself a cup of coffee before leaving the room. As she rounded the corner, a voice spoke up from the room, causing the friends to laugh. Kimberly rolled her eyes, ignoring whatever they probably said about her.

Our salaries are different at the end of the day :)

She entered the office, placed her coffee on her desk and saw that her laptop was not there. Her eyebrows creased, confusion written on her face. Her heart slightly increased its pace. She walked over to Mr Kim's office, looking around his desk, finding nothing of hers.

Kimberly got out, looked around at the shelves and lowered her head to search for her laptop when a voice startled her, causing her to jump up and hit her head on a shelf

"Looking for something?" Mr Park asked, holding Kimberly's laptop in his right hand, protruding it towards her

As Kimberly walked towards him, he pulled his hand back, confusing Kimberly.

"What did hear last night?"Jimin asked, his scent filling Kimberly's nostrils..

"Hear what?" Kimberly asked, lifting her head, looking in the middle of Jimin's eyes.

Jimin didn't respond and handed over her laptop to her. As he left the room, Kimberly mentioned the meeting he had with an organization later on.

Kimberly sat down at her desk and continued planning for the party, Mr Kim entering the office a few minutes later. Kimberly looked up to greet him when she saw a purple bruise on his neck, which could've been unnoticeable if it wasn't for his suit collar.

Huh?

......

Dammit, Namjoon thought.

No matter how horrible his relationships were in the past, he swore he would never cheat on his partner, especially after having experiencing a heart break because of it.

Claire was just there...an escape after a long time. They didn't utilize his office because he had a feeling that Kimberly would come to the office, as she usually did.Feeling guilty, he called him cousin and explained the sin that he did, who fortunately was an ear that listened.

As he passed by Kimberly, he looked forward, knowing well that she probably thought it was Jimin she heard .He entered his office, feeling tired even though his day was just starting.