All Is Well...Or Is It?

Everything has been going well for Areum and Yoongi. Since Emperor Haneul, Empress Yumi, and Princess Hana left everything has been going great for the couple. The two spend whatever time they can together. Areum was walking through the newly built garden. When she first arrived they place was very dull with no color. Now there was color everywhere.

Areum was currently admiring the blooming azaleas when Jungkook came. "Your imperial majesty, his imperial majesty wishes for you in his office." Areum smiles. "Very well."

Areum leaves the garden to Yoongi's office.

Along the way Areum runs into Nari. "Sweet sister!" Nari runs into Areum's embrace. "Were you going to see Yoongi?" Areum nods with a smile. "Do you wish to see him with me?" Nari smiles and nods.

The two walk hand in hand towards Yoongi's office. As they were walking they ran into Kang Iseul. Kang Iseul was Minister Kang's daughter. Minister Kang was one of the people who was for Yoongi's and Hana's marriage proposal. What he was more for was trying to get his daughter to at least become an imperial concubine.

After finding this out Areum wasn't very fond of the girl to say the least.

"Make way for her imperial majesty and the imperial princess!" Iseul and couple of her maids bowed in greeting. "We greet the moon that illuminates the empire. Greetings your imperial majesty."

Areum nods. "Rise." Iseul and her maids rise on command. "Are you seeing the imperial emperor imperial empress?" Areum nods slowly. "Yes, he has called for me." Iseul smiles and giggles. "I just came from his studies. I heard he hasn't been feeling well so I brought him a cup of tea. Herbal mint tea. Unfortunately he wasn't feeling well after that either. Maybe it's best to leave his imperial majesty be."

"How dare you speak to the imperial empress that way?!" Chaeyoung exclaims. "Apologize!" Iseul covers her mouth with her hand in a sort of mocking way. "Did I? My apologies."

Chaeyoung gasps before turning to Areum. "Your imperial majesty I apologize on behalf of Lady Kang. I-" Areum raises her hand to stop Chaeyoung mid sentence. "It's quite alright Chaeyoung." Areum smiles. She then turns to another made. "Have tangerine tea be prepared and delivered to his imperial majesty's studies." "Yes your imperial majesty."

The maid bows before leaving. Areum turns to Iseul and smiles. "His imperial majesty isn't quite fond of herbal mint teas, which can explain why he didn't feel well afterwards. Luckily a bit of tangerine tea, his favorite tea, will soothe him right away." Iseul's eyes widen a bit but she hides it.

"I see..." "And I hope you didn't disturb his imperial majesty. He has been doing so much work with the imperial army and building alliances that he has worn himself out." Areum smirks. "I do hope your visit to him was strictly on his orders yes Lady Kang?"

Iseul flinches but nods. "Y-Yes your imperial majesty."

"Good." Areum smiles. "It best we get going now. Mustn't let his imperial majesty wait to long. He gets a bit impatient and cranky when waiting for long. Good day Lady Kang."

Iseul and her maids bow as Areum, Nari, their maids, and guards walk past.

Behind Iseul grits her teeth. No matter how many times she visits the palace with her father and tries to get close to Yoongi she is always at lost. No matter how hard she tried to win him or make her a concubine his mind and heart always went back to Areum. But Iseul was not going to give up. Not until she gets what she wanted.

"Her imperial majesty has arrived!" Yoongi looks up at the entrance and smiles.

Areum and Nari walked in. Nari went over to give Yoongi a hug, which he accepted. Areum went over and gave him a kiss on the head. "You have worked to long. Rest a bit."

Obeying her words the three went to sit a table that was placed near by. Yoongi order for some snacks and treats. Shortly after the tangerine tea was brought with it.

"I heard Lady Kang came to visit." Areum says as she drank her tea. Yoongi's paused before humming. "Yes, she did. She brought me some herbal mint tea." Yoongi grimaced at the aftertaste that was left in his mouth by it. "I was quite thirsty but was so busy with paperwork that I didn't have time to order for some. It appears she has gotten word and brought some herself."

"Well clench your thirst now." Yoongi smiles before brining the cup of the sweet and sour fruit tea to his mouth. He sighs in relief of his favorite tea ridding the bitter one. "We ran into Lady Kang." Nari reveals as she takes a cookie.

"She was mean to unnie." Yoongi looks to Areum with a pointed look. Areum shrugs. "We met her on the way here. I merely put her in her place." Yoongi smiles. "Only my wife can do that."

"It's a good thing I'm your wife then." Areum smirks. "She has been visiting more often I've noticed." Yoongi nods. "Minister Kang as well. He keeps on making hints of daughter as well. Bringing her into conversation anytime we talk. I don't know why."

Areum and Nari look at each other with pointed looks. Yoongi realized this. "What? What is it?" Areum looks to Yoongi. "Yoongi, my love, Minister Kang wants to make Lady Kang an imperial concubine." Yoongi stares at his wife before releasing a laugh.

"What? Ha ha. That's funny darling. You're funny." Yoongi notices her or Nari aren't laughing. His laugh dies down. "Wait, seriously?" Areum nods. "He was for your marriage with Hana. But he really wanted his daughter to be empress, or at least an imperial concubine. I believe with you being so busy they'll take this as a moment of weakness to ask you to marry her, and hopefully say yes."

Yoongi clenches his cup in rage. "Do they really think that low of me? Do they think me a fool?! Their emperor?!"

Yoongi stand up from his seat. "I will have their heads!"

Areum sighs before pulling Yoongi back down. "You were to busy to notice but Nari and I weren't." Nari nods in agreement. "Well we can't have their scheme continue." Areum nods at Yoongi's words. "And we won't." Yoongi looks at his wife worryingly. "And how do you suppose we work this?"

Areum picks up her tea. She takes a sip before looking at Yoongi with a smirk. "Don't you worry about anything. I'll handle this. I'll clean this palace of it's mice. Leave it all to me, darling."