Preparations

The next week Yoongi and princess Areum spent it on the wedding preparations. To say both were calm about it was an understatement. While Areum was looking at flower arrangements with her soon-to-be mother and sister in-laws Yoongi was pacing back and forth in his chambers with a nervous look.

Jimin who was there to measure him for his wedding outfit was getting tired of the Emperor moving around a lot. "Yoongi please calm down. I can't measure you if you keep moving." Jimin sighed annoyed. "Sorry Jimin. I'm just nervous." Yoongi responded.

"Why should you be. It's just preparations, not your actual wedding." "I know but I want everything to be perfect for the wedding." Yoongi states. "And it will be. But if you don't let me style you than you won't have an outfit for the ceremony." Jimin holds up a piece of fabric. Yoongi the complied, finally letting Jimin do his job.

In the dining room sat princess Areum, Ji-Hye, and Eun-Ji. They were all looking at varieties of flowers for flower arrangements. "I say we do a mix of two different flowers. Pink mugunghwas and maehwas." Suggested Ji-Hye.

"I like it. A symbol of two kingdoms bonding. We can place them on tables and pedestals." Eun-Ji says. Areum nods. "Yes I as well like the idea." She smiles while playing with the bracelet on her wrist. "You must really love the emperor." Ji-Hye complimented. "I do." Replied princess Areum.

"May I ask where pincess Nari is?" Ji-Hye asked. "She is with Kyungmi and Kwan walking through the courtyard getting fresh air." Princess Areum responded.

They went back to planning when they heard both Kyungmi and Kwan roaring. All three got alarmed before heading to the courtyard. There they see princess Nari on the ground holding her left cheek with tears in her eyes. Also there was Empress Yumi with a furious face, Kyungmi and Kwan growling

"You little brat!" She was about to hit the youngest princess before the three stepped in. "Empress Song!" Both looked towards the mother-daughter duo and engaged princess. "Don't you dare lay your hands on her!" Ji-Hye exclaimed. "And what's are you going to do about it?! Your are just a mere child!"

"No one insults the imperial princess and my daughter! Especially in front of me!" Eun-Ji steps up. "Empress Somg please calm down. Let us go inside and talk about this." Princess Areum calmly suggested. But the enraged empress of Seoul was having none of it.

"You don't tell me what to do! None of this would have happened if the emperor chose princess Hana instead of you! None of this would have happened if you and this brat perished in the war with your so-called mother!" That was the last straw.

Princess Areum raised a hand, slapping Empress Yumi's cheek. Everyone looked at her in shock. Taking the chance princess Nari quickly got up going to her sister with Kyungmi and Kwan.

"Don't you dare talk bad about my mother and sister! You and Hana should've stayed with your first husband instead!" Princess Areum exclaimed.

Everyone gasped. "How dare you speak that way to your empress?! You are a spoiled little brat that shouldn't have been born a princess anyways. You and the little brat! Princess Hana deserves to be empress! She deserves Yoongi!" Empress Yumi fought back and raised her hand to Areum.

Yoongi's mother and sister were about to step up and confront her for not addressing Yoongi as emperor when they were a familiar voice.

"What on earth is going on here?!" Everyone turned back to see Yoongi, Jungkook, and Taehyung walking their way. Empress Yumi quickly put her hand down trying to hide the fact she was going to raise a hand to the emperor's true lover.

"Your majesty." She nervously chuckled. "Welcome. Please don't mind us. We are just having a friendly mother and daughter conversation." She smiled nervously.

"Don't lie to me Empress Song! I heard everything! Ever since my love joined the friendly conversation. I have had enough of your family hurting mine! I won't hesitate to throw you into the cold palace with your excuse of a daughter as well!" Yoongi says. "Emperor Min please don't!"

Everyone turns to see Emperor Haneul walking with a fear look on his face. "You majesty please don't punish my wife and please release my eldest daughter. She is not doing well there." The emperor begged.

"No I will not your majesty. I don't want some person going around and insulting my soon-to-be empress, her sister, the people, and my family. Your lucky her and this 'queen' is even being invited to my wedding. You should thank your daughter, princess Areum." Yoongi looks at the king dead in the eye.

"Now I would like you all to leave. Dinner will be soon so freshen up please." Eun-Ji and Ji-Hye bow before leaving with Nari and Kwan. Soon the king and queen, but not before the empress glaring at Areum.

Yoongi noticed and glared back, scaring the queen as they left. Soon it was just Areum, Yoongi, Kyungmi, Taehyung, and Jungkook. Yoongi turned to Areum. "Did she hurt you?" He says softly, touching her cheek.

Areum smiles and shakes her head no. "Good. I can't have my empress not looking her best on her wedding day and coronation."