Chapter 7 - Welcome Back

3rd Person POV.

"Good Evening children. Now we have two changes in staffing this year. We are pleased to welcome back Mr Grubbly Plank, who will be taking care of Magical creatures while Professor Hagrid is kept relieved. We also wish to welcome our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Professor Dolores Umbridge. I'm sure you will all join me in wishing the Professor good luck. As usual, our caretake Mr Filch has asked me to remind you -

She clears her throat interrupting Professor Dumbledore. "Ahem." Dumbledore stands aside. "Thank you Headmaster for those kind words of welcome." she says walking to the front.

"How lovely, to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends." Umbridge says.

"That's likely." the twins say.

As she talks Lucas whispers to Malia. "What a hideous old bat."

"Her outfit is revolting." Malia says a bit too loudly, causing some students to look at her.

"Scuse me children." Umbridge says to Malia and Lucas.

"You're excused." Lucas says, causing everyone in the hall to snicker.

"I am talking - " Umbridge says.

"Really, we didn't notice." Malia says sarcastically. Making Lucas and Jackson snicker and the hall murmur and hide their laughs.

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted..." Malia gets up and starts bowing, before receiving a glare from Snape that makes her sit down as Jackson and Lucas chuckle.

"...The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance...There again, progress for progress's sake must be discouraged, for our tried and tested traditions often require no tinkering... Let us move forward, then, into a new era of openness, effectiveness, and accountability, intent on preserving what ought to be preserved, perfecting what needs to be perfected, and pruning wherever we find practices that ought to be prohibited." she giggles before leaving.

There's scattered applause. Malia and Lucas begin clapping very loudly. Only them clapping. "We're clapping 'cause it's over." Jackson yells. Malia and Lucas start laughing and so do some students in the hall.

The assembly ends and Lucas, Malia and Jackson are scolded by Snape. The Weasley twins, Lee and Ginny wait for them.

Phillip walks up to the Weasley twins, Ginny and Angelina. "Hey, have you two seen Rosie? I haven't seen her in a while."

They all look at each other not sure what to say. "You didn't hear?" Ginny said.

"Hear what?" Phillip said.

"Rosie died." Fred said.

"That's not funny. You guys are turning into assholes hanging with those Slytherin twins." Phillip replies harshly.

"Phillip... " Lee says softly. "They're not joking. She died during the break." Phillip takes a step back. He was in shock and he reaches out to the wall to hold himself up.

"Are you okay mate?" George says, reaching out to help him. George pats him on the back as Lee kneels down to look at him.

"What? How?" Phillip said tears forming in his eyes.

"She was murdered. By these people...." Ginny says, kneeling down too. Trying not to say too much and expose the Pierce twins..

"How come no one else knows?" Phillip says.

"It was a close family-only funeral." Fred explains.

"How do you guys know then?" Phillip says. These damn Ravenclaws were too smart and quick on their feet.