Chapter 4. The Ride

Start from the beginning

"So, we will need the biggest carriage we can get so we can all fit in there comfortably, we will also get some cushions and blankets because we have to start the ride tonight so we can make it there by noon tomorrow," My mother started, but I zoned out.

I looked out the window that was behind her.

This 'ball' is going to suck the life out of me

"Percy?" I heard my mother's voice. "Huh? Oh, yeah?" I said.

"You need to start eating your food, then go pack your best suits," She said. I nodded my head, then grabbed a plate with some chicken and salad on it.

I ate quickly, then rushed out of there after kissing my mother and Estelle on the cheek.

I ran back to my chambers and called a butler.

He ran after me, then we made it to my closet.

"What do you need, Sir?" The butler asked. "I need some help packing all of my things," I said. He nodded and then got a bag out of my closet.

"Thank you," I murmured, then ran into my closet and started packing my most expensive items.

"You are dismissed," I told the butler.

He scurried off, and I continued packing.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

I finished packing and grabbed my bags.

"Son!" I heard my father's voice call.
"Coming!" I said.

I ran through the halls with my bags, quickly getting to the main hall where two butlers took my bags.

I nodded thanks and continued outside, I saw my family waiting outside the biggest carriage I'd ever seen.

It was about ten feet tall, and fifteen feet wide.

I gaped at it for a while. "Son? Get in the carriage!" My father scolded. I groaned out of annoyance and got into the carriage.

I sat in between Estelle and Tyson, my parents sat across from us.

We each had our little areas ready for the long carriage ride. It was about 9 PM right now, so we were all going to go to sleep soon.

Estelle was drawing in her sketchbook, Tyson was reading a book, my mother and father were whispering to each other, and I was just sitting there awkwardly.

About an hour later my mother made the guard driving the carriage stop in front of a market.

"We are going to change into our night clothes, we don't want to go to sleep in our dress clothes, do we?" My mother laughed.

We got out of the carriage and got our night clothes, then went into the large marketplace.

It was a big brown-brick building with windows scattered randomly everywhere. There was a set of double doors at the front of the building.

Estelle was walking next to me, laying her head on my shoulder.

Estelle was always my favorite sibling, yes, I love Tyson with my whole heart, but Estelle was always my favorite.

I always took care of her when she was five because I couldn't exactly take care of her at age four, but when I was nine I always took care of her. After all, my mother would be busy teaching Tyson to be a good prince because I had already gone through crown prince training, for the time being.

I kissed her forehead lovingly then separated with her to go to the men's restroom.

I went into the stall and changed out of my suit, then changed into my comfy grey pants (I think they're called sweatpants? They just came out with them a few days ago) and a T-shirt.