Story 12

Kie and JJ as kids, enjoy <3

Kie pov:
Two tribes,one island.It's always been that way,I was raised to be a successful kooks and also to go to college.But when I met John b,pope and JJ...well the plan changes.I met JJ and the boys in 5ft grade and we always been close.I wished to be a true pogue at every birthday,every flying stars and at every penny in a fountain.But even at 16 years old,people still consider me as a kook.But with them...I can be exactly who I am.A 16 years old girl who love turtle and love helping people.Not a snobby girl who only care about the country club and money.I never cared about those thing.

5 years old pogues

Kiara had invited the pogues to a sleep over last night and this morning,pope and John b had to leave early.
"Do you want to go to the park ?" Kiara ask to JJ
"No"
"Um maybe we can...ask my dad to teach us surfing?"
"No"
"JJ what is it ? Is it because I didn't share my chocolate bar with you?" She says sitting next to him on the "bed" that her mom made for her friends.
"No...it's just that...
"I don't want to go home" he finally confess
"Oh...why?"
"If I tell you something...I can trust you right Kiara?"
"Yes of course and please call me kie,I'm your friend"
"My dad is...always angry at my mommy..." his eyes start to get watery
"Yes it's normal,my mommy and daddy always get angry but he's always apologizing with flowers in the end of the night,it's probably the same with you JJ don't worr-
"No...he's like very angry...and not only to my mom...
Kie pov
He pull up his sleeves and on his arm was big bruise and scratches. I remember feeling my heart break in my chest.
"I-"
I started to understand what he meant even if at 10 years old I didn't know what violence is but I'd never imagined that his dad could do that.
I started to cry in front of him trying to not looking at his bruise again.
"No..no Kie it's okay I promise"
I remember feeling my breathing going slowly again when he hug me for the first time.JJ was not a really an affective person and everything was making sense now.Even years later,he doesn't hug people except me because I guess he find comfort in something he always knew if it makes sense.
"You can't tell anyone not even John b or pope no one" he whispered in my ear.
"I promise but please be prudent"
He show me his pinky and we made the first rule of the pogues list.
A pogue don't lie to a pogue

"I promise JJ"i sais smiling to him before we heard my mom calling us.
"JJ's mom is here sweetie!"
We made a eyes contact before we went down the stairs.
JJ's mom was pretty,just like his son.She had these perfect blue eyes who could calm anyone and these rapunzel shinny hair who I always been jealous of.

"Hi ms maybank! How are you?"
I hugged her,we were pretty close since I was always with her son.
"Oh please call me Laura,what did you guys do ? Did you guys had fun?" She says before JJ ran to her.
"Yes we made a house made of toilet paper it was so fun mom!" JJ said
"I'm happy for you bubba" she said before helping JJ to put his coat on.
While she was helping him I saw the bruise on her arms too and started thinking about my conversation with JJ earlier.
My smile fade and I looked at my best friend who tried to hide it.
I hugged JJ again and then whispered:
"Please be safe and check on your mom"
"I will" he simply said
They both leaved and I was alone with a big secret and sadness for what my best friend must live everyday.