32. ┊ the door of revenge

You stopped in your tracks completely, as if every fiber of your being froze

Second... incarnation?

Your eyes grew wide in shock, and your mind was now a bundle of confusion.

Before your formation of thought could tie together, the invisible floor keeping you upright suddenly vanished. You felt yourself lose your standing, and you began to descend down the endless sky. The wind hit your face, cutting off your screams as you fell.

In the next moment, your eyes shot open again. This time, you were back in your room. The sun shone through the window, and birds sang their songs outside.

You sat upright almost instantly, taking in the components of your dream.

Second incarnation? "Carry on my will"?

That voice... Who was it? Why did they call you the second incarnation? What did they mean by carrying on their will?

Your train of thought was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Y/N, it's unlike you to wake up so late. Is something the matter?" Adelinde's voice was heard from the other side, her voice full of concern.

...Late? What time was it?

Your attention snapped toward the clock that hung on the wall, reading the time.

It was already halfway past noon, way past the time you were supposed to report for your duties.

You mentally berated yourself before flipping over the bedcovers, making your way over to your closet to get into uniform.

You were quick to start on your duties, doing what was told of you with ease and utmost effort.

You needed to start formulating a plan for your revenge, yet it seemed there was another mystery you needed to solve before your revenge plan could truly begin.

Who's voice were you hearing in your dreams? And, what did they want with you?

This was the final piece of the puzzle, the final stop before you could take the steps of revenge on this world.

That deal with Diluc... You were being genuine when you said you would abandon your plans if he managed to gain your trust. But, you still had no intentions of getting close to him, let alone trusting him. You wouldn't allow it to happen, anyway.

You had your priorities, and Diluc had his. You had no intention of stopping until you saw this world set aflame into chaos by none other than you.

And so, a total of three months had passed since Diluc had taken you to Mondstadt. Three months getting accustomed to Mondstadt life, and working as a servant for Dawn Winery.

It would have been a quite nice and calming life, compared to your days in the Fatui, but the thoughts that plagued your mind kept you from soaking in the comfort of Mondstadt. After all that's happened in both this life and your previous life, how could you just afford to forget? Not just that, but weeks were spent mulling over that singular dream you had.