"I've been an empress for six years already, Lord Yuuta." Her husband nodded, he kept his eyes on his her, making her feel even more nervous.

"Six years, huh..."

Elizabeth looked at the Yuuta, her brows furrowed, seeing melancholy in her husband's eyes.

"We've been neglecting each other for six years already."

Her husband faced her, staring straight into her eyes, making her feel flustered, but of course, she didn't show it to her husband.

"I'm sorry."

Elizabeth raised a brow.

"For what, Lord Yuuta?"

Her husband looked down, his lips turning up into a bitter smile.

"Because not once...have I ever tried to reach out to you. It must've been hard staying with me here. Being forced into a marriage with a man you don't even love."

The empress clenched her fists.

She feels irritated, and she doesn't even know why.

"With all due respect, Lord Yuuta..."

Her husband stared at her, waiting for her to continue.

"I don't need your apology, especially not your sympathy."

The empress gulped, swallowing the lump on her throat.

"You don't need to apologize for neglecting me. After all, you don't love me. We only got married to keep the peace between our countries. I understand if you weren't interested in me as a woman. Also, you did the right thing by staying here only as my lawful husband, and not as my loveable husband. I know you want to respect your late fiance."

Elizabeth looked at her husband.

She's hurting, yet she keeps her usual expression. Her stoic facade that she's mastered since growing up.

"Please don't apologize or feel guilty about how our marriage is, Lord Yuuta. I do not have any problem with it, and I can assure you that I will never have any concern about us not being a sweet, married couple." Elizabeth coldly stated.

She was taken aback when the emperor sadly smiled at her.

"Is it just me...or you've become even colder than the first time I met you?"

The empress' blue eyes went round when her husband walked towards her, making her start to take a few steps backward.

She only stopped the moment her back bumped onto a porch.

Her husband stopped right in front of her, raven-eyes stared straight into her eyes, as if he was reading her hiding soul.

"Just like the rain tonight, you're as cold as the rain. No...you're colder than the rain, empress. I'm afraid I might freeze to death."

Elizabeth felt a strange heat rush to her face when her husband leaned his face closer to her, placing his hands beside her head, locking her in his tall figure.

"L-lord Yuuta...you're too close..."

The blond woman shut her eyes, feeling annoyed with herself for stuttering.

She brought her hands up and placed them on her husband's chest.

"It's inappropriate for us to be this close when we're outside-"

"But there's no one around, empress."

Elizabeth stared at her husband with disbelief. He playfully smirked at her.