Chapter 25: Iron and Steel

Start from the beginning

He said as he gestured to the Atlesian fleet outside the window hovering directly over Beacon.

Ironwood: I'm just trying to be cautious.

Ozpin: As am I. Which is why we will continue to train the best huntsmen and huntresses we can. 

Ironwood: Believe me I am. Speaking of training heroes-

Ozpin could already tell where the flow of the conversation was going, and he was concerned. 

Ozpin: You want to know about our new ally, Max Steel correct? You made that clear when you had the audacity to imply studying his robotic companion to replicate the tech keeping him alive.

Ironwood: If you're implying that I had no respect for him or his friend, let me clear that up by saying-

Ozpin: James, you can't take back what you've already said. Besides, while you've been of sound judgement in the past, this trail of thought will cause you to make an enemy out of Max Steel. 

Ironwood knew he couldn't take back what was already said at the meeting weeks ago, and he was already regretting it. He only hoped that he could fix what damage was done before it worsened.

Ironwood: You're right, what I suggested was crossing the line. And I deeply regret it, I only hope that I can make things right. Though you have to admit Ozpin, what they can do is, remarkable and extraordinary.

Ozpin: On that much we agree. So, aside from bringing your army to provide extra security for the festival, you want to have that audience with Max Steel?

Ironwood: Yes Oz, I will admit when I sent my best operative Ms. Schnee, I was hopping that she'd get the chance to meet these heroes so that I'd feel better prepared with this introduction. What information do you have on him?

Ozpin: Nothing as of late, nor do we have anything on his companion. The way they summon these various different armors, is certainly remarkable and doesn't appear to be a semblance.

He said as he pulled up the footage of Max Steel fighting the White Fang at the docks weeks ago. This got Ironwood to widen his curiosity for the Turbo Powered Hero.

Ozpin: Besides James, when Max Steel approached me about wanting this meeting. He said that he'd only do it under the following conditions.

Ironwood: Such as?

Ozpin: That you respect his wishes when he's ready to share or when he refuses to share anything any further.

Ironwood: Go on.

Ozpin: That you promise not to divulge what he shares with anyone unless he gives you permission to do so, and unless he knows who you have in mind. Regardless if they're your personnel or the Atlas Council. Also, he wants an assurance that you or your personnel will not try to capture him or his robotic companion to try and dissect them for their powers or their technological advancements. And finally, that you respect their wishes whether or not they're willing to share their secret identities, well Max's anyway. Besides James, he's had some personal experience with military people back in his world, and let's just say it wasn't a good one. Which is why they don't trust you, yet.

This shocked him tremendously, he certainly wasn't expecting to hear this. It definitely saddened his mood.

Ironwood: I can't believe that they'd assume that I'm just as bad as those people he's run into before. We've not even met and they already assume that-

Ozpin: You can't blame them James, especially given what you suggested at the meeting with Leonardo and Theodore. (This got Ironwood to realize that his little idea, would come back to bite him in the future, should he make a choice that would merit Max Steel's distrust in him or the Atlesian Military.)