🌑 Chapter Eight ☀️

2298
Gertok Galaxy
Planet Celestine
The Celestine Kingdom

______________________

At the same time, the Citrine Dragon had entered the Gertox Galaxy. Despite the time difference between both dragons when they left Planet Earth, they arrived on opposite sides of the galaxy.

Solana, Fletcher, Malyla, Sammy, Adel, and Pedro looked around at the desolation before them. 

Adel's eyes sparkled as he looked at the twinkling, colorful light show displayed before him. "These stars . . . they're beautiful. I don't recall seeing them in our galaxy." He mused, recalling his bedroom ceiling was the Milky Way Galaxy in painted form, he did so himself.

Sammy stood on his tippy toes and peered out. "Where are we, Princess Solana?" He asked, turning his head to look at the Solari Princess. "We are not in the Milky Way Galaxy, at least not anymore!"

Solana tapped on the holographic keyboard in front of her. "Oh," She paused at the words that popped up. "It says we are in the Gertox Galaxy . . . my home," She trailed off with a misty look in her eyes as she blinked a few times, straightening up.

Pedro turned his attention towards Solana, tilting his head to the side. "Your home? Do you live around here? Exactly where do you live?" He questioned, feeling bewildered about this whole situation. "I know you're an alien princess but . . ."

Solana sighed heavily, quite annoyed by all the questions she was being bombarded with. "Yes, my home. I live on Planet Celestine, home to Solari, like me, and Lunari, like my sister. It is not too far from here, it should be just past the next planet we pass."

Pedro blinked a few times. His brain slowly processed the new information he was given. "How did we get from Earth to here in what?" He questioned, glancing at his watch. "Two minutes?"

Malyla looked at her watch and indeed only two minutes had passed since they left. "Two minutes? It took two minutes to get here. We were screaming for two whole minutes? Are you kidding? Are you sure? Is that watch broken? It's broken, right? Did you forget to put it in the light last night?"

Fletcher put his hand up, immediately silencing Malyla. "Calm down. I know this is a lot to take in but we need to keep a level head and not bombard Princess Solana with all these questions."

Pedro scratched his head, a thoughtful look on his face. "It has only taken at least three years to go anywhere in our solar system." He mused, turning towards Solana. "Do you by chance know what happened?"

Solana frowned at the question. "Do I look like I know?" She countered with her own question which made everyone fall silent. 

Adel didn't like the uncomfortable silence. "You said you have a sister? What happened?" He asked hesitantly, trying to find something that wouldn't annoy her.

Solana wasn't in the mood to explain but it was better to shut them up with the information they wanted. "Our planet was under attack by Emperor Oucxian and the Cerkoik. Mother and Father gave us these artifacts: my cuff bracelet and my sister, our Father's circlet crown. Mother used a book similar to Sammy's to send my sister and I off somewhere safe."

"Little did I know it would take 10,000 years for us to be found. And not to mention the Celestial Dragons are, in fact, real, or at least two of them. The others I do not know, nor do I care. Mother thought putting our trust in hunks of crystals would be the saving grace, well, she is wrong. A myth is not going to help." She commented indifferently.

Everyone was taken aback but Malyla. She might have been a bit cynical at times, but Solana was on another whole level. "What exactly are the Celestial Dragons?" She flatly asked, speaking for everyone.