☀️ Chapter Seven 🌑

2298
Gertok Galaxy
Planet Celestine
The Celestine Kingdom

______________________

The obsidian dragon arrived in the Gertox Galaxy. Hara, Logan, Chenoa, Summer Dawn, Varian, and Luna looked around at the broken planets. The desolation of the galaxy around them, the sun and moon rotating out of balance, often eclipsing each other.

Varian's eyes widened as he looked around at the unfamiliar territory. Just moments before they were leaving Earth and now they were here. "Where are we?" He asked, turning to Luna who he knew had the answers. 

Luna frowned, looking down at her lap and playing with her fingers. "The Gertox Galaxy . . ." She hesitantly responded, feeling a bit uncomfortable even though she couldn't see their bewildered faces. "Not too far from my home planet, Celestine." 

"It's so desolate . . . did the Cerkoik do all this?" Hara asked as she took I the ruined plants and broken pieces from moons and unstable sun's that flickered like a light about to go out.

Luna solemnly nodded, not being able to bring herself to look up. "Yes, they did all this. We watched it all happen, one by one, each planet destroyed until it came time for our planet . . ." She trailed off, her breathing hitched.

"But we were just on Earth not even -" Logan pulled out his phone and clicked on the screen. "Ten minutes ago?" He looked up at the others with wide eyes when it hit him. "Ten minutes ago!"

Varian gripped Logan's wrist and pulled his hand toward his direction to see the phone. "Ten minutes ago was the last notification that he received about not having service." He clarified, especially for Luna.

Logan jerked his hand away from Varian and rubbed his wrist. "Don't do that again." He snapped, shoving his phone into his back pocket and crossing his arms. 

Chenoa crossed her arms and leaned against the dashboard. "How is that even possible? There is no way we could travel such a long distance in ten minutes. It took three years for the astronauts to make it to Charon!" She exclaimed, running a hand through her hair. 

Hara tipped her head back and groaned. "Nothing about this whole thing makes sense. I thought we'd already gone over this and that logic is failing us. We should just take it with a grain of salt." She reasoned with the others.

Chenoa nodded her head in agreement with her sister. "Yes. We should prepare ourselves for more bizarre things that may come our way." She said, flashing a smug smile.

Summer Dawn has remained pretty quiet, taking everything in and adjusting better than anyone else. "Luna," She asked, leaning forward and placing her hands on the shoulder rest of the chair. "You've been rather quiet.'

Luna glanced back at them and pressed her lips into a thin line. "Oh, I am sorry, I did not hear you. It is just . . . never mind," She took a deep breath and looked up through the window.

The obsidian dragon inched closer to Planet Celestine. 

Luna was the first to look at her planet. She couldn't believe her beautiful planet had come to this. The houses, gardens, fields, valleys, waterfalls, springs, mountains, and even the lakes, were nothing but overgrown ruin, riot, and desolation.

Her heart sank heavily in her chest and tears pricked in her eyes, the overwhelming feeling of sadness overtaking her. The tears spilled over and down her cheeks silently as her lower lip trembled.