Heartful of Ghosts

"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary. Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness." -Joseph Conrad

Witwicky family home February 1994.

The sounds of screaming, the smell of blood everywhere.

"Mommy? Daddy? Wake up!" Phenyx's little 3 year old voice said through panic and tears.

Next she hears is the door being kicked in, and an older guy coming in with a gun.

"Please... My mom and dad... They aren't waking up, and my baby sister is still in her room crying." Phenyx told the man with the facial hair and baseball cap.

"What's your name sweetie?" The man asked.

"Phenyx, but people call me Nyx" she replied.

"Well, Phenyx, my name is Bobby Singer. You and your sister are coming with me. I'll keep you both safe." Bobby said.

"Okay." She said through fresh tears.

"Let's go pack some stuff for you guys." Bobby told the little girl with a smile.

Nyx woke up from the nightmare, she went to go check on her sister, and went into the kitchen to get a drink.

She thought she heard a faint noise in the dark, and grabbed a knife just in case, standing in a ready position.

"Woah, woah, woah! Nyx, it's me!" A man's voice said from the entry of the kitchen.

"Son of a bitch! You're like Ruth Gordon just standing there with the tannis root. Make a noise." Nyx replied, returning the knife to it's home. She turned back to the man with her hand on her hip, waiting for him to speak.

"I heard you come downstairs. Did you have the dream again?" He asked.

"Yes." she replied with a sigh. "It's not going away Dean, and I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm losing my mind, I can't sleep, and the tank is starting to run on fumes." Tears start to come down her face.

Dean pulls her to her into a tight hug, "It's going to be okay Nyx, we'll figure it out. If it's something dangerous, we'll keep you safe. I promise."

"Please... Dean... Don't promise that. We all know shit can hit the fan, and promises can be broken. I don't want you to carry that guilt if it turns out you can't." Nyx whispered into Dean's chest.

Dean just held her tighter and had a sad determined look on his face that Nyx couldn't see, but she felt it in the slight shift in his body.

"Dean?" She asked pulling away enough to look up at his face.

"Yeah?" Dean replied looking back at her.

"You know that I've always believed in you, and I always will right? No matter the odds. I'll trust you, even if the outcome is good or bad. Always." Nyx said, and stood on her tip toes to kiss his cheek before walking away. She felt a slight chill after leaving the warmth of his arms. She headed back to bed, but before she walked up the stairs she asked Dean over her shoulder, "Dean? Will you lay with me? I don't want the dream to come back." She heard footsteps, and then felt Dean's hand on her lower back urging her to move, yet comforting her. They walked up together.

I need to find what killed my parents, was the last thought she had before she fell asleep snuggled in Dean's tight embrace.

"The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you can see." -Winston Churchill

[AN: Sorry if this is short, also sorry if it's a crappy story... I'm trying guys😭.

Anyways... Hope you guys like it *awkward smile face... But in a Gerard way lol*]