o n e

————————————————————————
evelyn.wolff:

liked by 304,567,921 peopleevelyn

evelyn.wolff: waiting for the news of a Mercedes win from Spain ....🤍

comments:

carmenmmundt: fingers crossed x

username7920: she is so supportive.

sophiarichie: ur cute
________________________________
19th March 2023

"Are you coming to the track soon dear?" Her voice was soft and calming to hear, I'd missed her more than I realised.

I sighed glancing over my calendar, "I can come down to the Australian Grand Prix and stay with you for Jacks birthday?"

"That's brilliant! Oh sweetie your dad has been missing you so much, so have Jack and I." She confirmed down the line of the phone, I could hear her smile, if that was even possible.

"I've missed you guys too, I will head down to Australia for the first, but don't tell the boys I want it to be a surprise." I decided suddenly, thinking to myself and wondering if it would even be a good idea.

"They won't hear a peep from me." She chuckled eventually hanging up the phone, that was my step mother Susie.

Susie married my dad in 2011, I was eleven years old and it was still the most beautiful thing I'd ever experienced, so much love in one room.

Susie was signed with Williams in formula one to work as a development driver and in 2014 at the British Grand Prix became the first woman to take part in formula one race weekend in 22 years by participating in practice.

She's an impressive woman.

"Evelyn are you off of the phone yet?" My assistant asked as she opened the car door to speak to me.

"Oh yeah, so what is this meeting about again?" I asked as I climbed out of the car and followed her into a huge glass building.

She sighed, "Chanel want to sign you to model for them but in order to do that you need to sign a contract that says you won't put yourself in any position where danger is possible."

I snorted "What comes under that, I mean anyone can slip and fall in the shower it doesn't mean the whole population should stop showering?"

Imagine.

She chuckled lightly "Perhaps they mean in terms of skydiving or cliff diving or even-

"racing." I cut her off from saying, finally understanding why we were here to negotiate today.

I sighed walking to the front desk of the building, "We're here to see Alain Wertheimer at two, Evelyn Wolff." My assistant told the lady behind the desk.

"Right this way." The woman ushered us to the board room, opening the door for us to walk in and get straight to business.

"Due to your reputation you need to show him you're a sweet and kind girl who just dreams to model with Chanel." My assistant whispered to my ear as we walked.

"Evelyn, very nice to meet you." Alain greeted, standing from his chair to shake my hand.

Alain is the chairperson of Chanel he's a French billionaire business man, "It's lovely to meet you too sir."

I sat down next to my assistant opposite Mr Wertheimer, "So Evelyn, we at Chanel would love to see you at the official runway this November but of course their are contracts in place for that which we understand you aren't happy with, please express your feelings."

Jeepers.

I looked at my assistant from the corner of my eye, "Truthfully, I'm a bit of a thrill seeker and I don't think I can stop doing activities that may put me in position of danger up until November."

He scoffed, "It's only March, can you not go without these activities for that long? Surely you've had to sign contracts like this before."

"I have signed contracts like this before but they are usually accepting of my hobbies, I really would love to walk for you it's such a great opportunity but racing means a lot too me..." I trailed off.

He clicked his pen, "You're a racer?"

I shrugged, "I'm surrounded by it so I kart a little, I'm not great at it but I do enjoy it, I just don't think I could stop doing it up until November."

He sighed "How much more do you want us to offer you to give it up momentarily?"

My assistant chimed in "Evelyn is firm that no amount of money can sway her decision either you let her race and she walks or she doesn't walk the show."

Alain leaned back into his chair, his eyes wavering over my face trying to calculate the emotions within me "We want you in this show Evelyn, you're going places and it would be a real shame not to have you walking..."

"You have to think of the opportunities that come with this show, the amount of contacts you will make.. your possibilities are endless but you refuse to give up your little go karts?" He pondered aloud remaining his eyes in mine.

My assistant really thinks I should do the show and just accept giving up my fun free time, and I knew she was right doing this show could boost my career like crazy.

"Fine, I'll give up my little go karts but I'm still attending races okay?" I asked, old people win me over every time.

"Brilliant!," he exclaimed pushing the contract and the pen over "Over to you."

We'd already read the fine print and considered all of the things discussed, I grabbed the pen and quickly signed my name everywhere that was necessary.

"Welcome to the Chanel team Evelyn, your new life is ready and waiting for you." Alain smiled as he walked us over to the door to leave.

Not only was I walking in the runway in November I had signed a deal to become the face of Chanel up until November of which then they can choose to go in other directions or keep me on depending on how well I do, but my modelling rights were now officially at the hands of Alain.

"Thank you for the opportunity sir." I nodded In appreciation, although deep down it was going to be hard to stay off the track.

"Call me Alain dear." He reminded me as I waved goodbye to him, walking besides my assistant out of the building exit and into my car.

"You changed your mind pretty quick, do you think that's something you'll regret?" She asked putting on her seatbelt.

It's just a hobby.

"I don't know, what happens if I breech the contract?" I asked her jokingly but also dead serious.

"You get sued." She told me seriously, the glimmer in my eye must've suggested that I don't mind bending the rules sometimes.