chapter one hundred and twenty six

Start from the beginning

"Renjun", Lena warns.

"Should I tell Haechan you're having dirty thoughts about his little sister? I was talking about movies and stuff."

"Knowing you, you meant Netflix and chill."

"As if you're opposed to it."

Lena turns red. "Renjun!"

The male grins. "You're not denying it."

"I-"

"Hello?" Alyssa says nervously.

Renjuns face brightens as he goes to hug her. "Hi!"

"You seem happy."

"Well, one of my favorite people is here."

Alyssa narrows her eyes. "Do you want something?"

"No, but Lena does."

"Renjun made that sound so bad. I just wanted to...ask you something?"

Doing her best to ignore her quickened heartbeat, Alyssa smiles. "Yeah, what is it?"

"Can we talk outside?"

"Oh, okay."

Renjun tries not to laugh at the panicked looks on both girls faces and waves when they glance back at him as they leave the room. While they talk, Renjun looks for the most time-consuming task in order to try avoiding thinking about Shotaro and Hendery. He knows Sungchan and Xiaojun have spoken to them and it didn't go horribly but he's so worried they won't wanna see him. And there's the weirdness with Sungchan that he doesn't even understand.

"Fuck", he mutters, realizing there's no way he'll be able to focus properly.

"Everything okay?" Lena asks.

Instead of answering her, Renjun smirks at her and Alyssas intertwined hands. "I take it she said yes."

Lena rolls her eyes but smiles. "She did. Are you okay though? Do you want someone here?"

"I'm fine. I think I'm gonna go clear my head and get something to eat before trying to do any og this."

"That's a good idea."

"Let us know if you need us", Alyssa says softly. "We'll come back."

"That's sweet but if you try coming back before two hours is up, I'm not letting you in."

Alyssa chuckles. "Okay."

"Bye Renjun."

"Bye."

"Bye. Enjoy your date and do anything I would do!" Renjun calls after them.

"I'm telling Haechan you told me that!" Alyssa calls back.

"You have a what?"

Shotaro sighs. "A squish, Mark."

"Oh!" Marks eyes widen with realization. "Johnny told me about those! Damn, I'm an idiot."

"Why are you insulting your intelligence?"

"Just thought of something. Anyways, your squish?"

"It's on Hendery, of course. I kinda wanna talk to him about it, but I don't wanna, like, pressure him. I just really enjoy his company and shit."

Mark chuckles. "That's s a lovely explanation."

Shotaro glares. "Shut up."

"No, really, tell me more."

"Mark, I will hit you."

"Terrifying."

Marks eyes widen in fear when Shotaro grabs a drink bottle. "Wait, wait, hold on. Can we talk about this?"