chapter one

"Why am I doing this again?" Mark asks as his friend drags him towards the restaurant.

"Because you, Jeno, Jaemin, and Haechan are all single and lonely. Ji and I wanna see if any of you have a chance with each other."

"You know Jeno doesn't like me, right?"

"He'll get over it. And what better way", the pinkette smiles,"than to get to know you?"

Mark sighs, knowing there's no way out of this. "You and Jisung are staying with us, right?"

"Yes. At a different table."

Mark groans. "Kill me now."

"Keep being a brat and I will", Chenle grumbles before pushing his way into the restaurant.

Jisungs face lights up as his eyes land on his boyfriend and he smiles, waving them over. Chenle forces a smile onto his face as he sits down, pulling his friend onto the chair next to him.

"Considering that you had to drag, not one, but two of us here, I don't think this is gonna work out", Jeno tells him.

"Give each other a chance", Jisung says. "Please."

Though (arguably) not as much as Chenle, Haechan and Jaemin are whipped for the male, his soft tone tugging at their heartstrings, and all of them aware of how annoying and persistent he is.

"Fine", Haechan sighs. "You guys can go now."

"We'll be right over there. And no arguing", Chenle says, pointing at him.

"Hey!"

"Should we introduce ourselves or like...?"

"I've heard about you two", Jeno says to Haechan and Jaemin.

"Chenle said your names as we were, um, walking here."

Haechan snorts. "You mean dragging you against your will? You can leave if you want."

"Haechan!" Jaemin scolds.

The male raises an eyebrow. "What? Honestly, you're all free to leave. It's not like we chose to be here and not everybody sugarcoats things like you, sweetheart."

Jaemin rolls his eyes and focuses on the two males he's never met. "Do you two actually wanna leave?"

"I've got nothing better to do", Jeno tells them before picking up his drink and taking a sip of it.

"I'm just, um, he made it sound like a blind date. With all of you. And like, um, I don't-"

"Wanna lead us on? Be seen on a date in public? Are you embarrassed?" Jeno interrupts.

"For the love of God, at least let me finish my sentence before judging me."

"Alright, then, what?"

Oh Lord, Mark thinks. "I was gonna say that I don't know how this is supposed to work, considering there's four of us. And I'm kinda awkward. And weird with dating."

"Oh." Mark wants to roll his eyes but refrains."I don't know either."

"It's, um-", Jaemins cheeks heat up at the attention, feeling especially flustered with this topic. "It's not supposed to feel different from a casual hangout or two-person date. The same concept applies, just with multiple people. You just kinda see what fits."

"Oh", Mark nods in understanding. "So, should we, like, ask each other questions?"

"Sure."

"If you guys don't mind me asking, what are your sexualities? I'm curious."