chapter forty

To spend some time with their other friends, the group splits up. It seems fine for everyone but Haechan is a little disappointed that no one stays with him.

Haechan aimlessly walks around, constantly dodging people as he tries to find a place to relax.

He would've stayed at the couches but decided it was enough when the first couple started making out.

He looks for a quiet corner or something so he can just sit and be on his phone until one of his friends reappear.

"Haechan?"

"Huh?"

He launches himself at the male. "Taeil!"

"I missed you", Taeil says before kissing his cheek.

Haechan attacks his face with kisses, making him laugh. Haechan brings Taeil back into a hug, holding him the same way he holds his teddy bears.

"I missed you too."

"Why are you all alone? Aren't your best friends with you?"

"Jaemin is with Jungwoo and probably Ten, Mark is with Johnny and Jaehyun, and I know Chenle and Jisung are together."

"They just left you?"

"I said they could."

"Haechan!" Taeil whines. "Stop torturing yourself."

"It's fine. I didn't wanna stop them."

"Well, now you're stuck with me and I'm gonna drag you all over the place."

Haechan chuckles. "I'm fine with that."

"Good."

Haechan feels so much better now that he has a friend with him. And Haechan appreciates that Taeil knows his boundaries and what makes him uncomfortable so he avoids doing anything that Haechan won't be comfortable with.

"I wanna makeout with someone", Haechan mumbles after they've passed at least ten people kissing.

Taeil smirks. "Is Jaemin single?"

Haechan slaps his arm. "Taeil! I didn't even tell you I like him."

"Your mouth didn't but your face did." Haechan rolls his eyes. "So tell me, are you two still pretending you don't like each other?"

Haechans silence gets Taeil to squeal, making the younger laugh. "We might've had a conversation."

Taeil rolls his eyes. "Give me more than that."

"I'll think about it."

"Haechan!"

When Jaemin realizes he hasn't seen Haechan in a while, panic creeps into him.

                                                                    Jaemin
                                   Have you seen Haechan?

Jisung❤️
Oh so I should panic, great

                                                                    Jaemin
                                                                      Jisung!
                   I thought he was staying with you

Jisung❤️
He practically told me and Lele to
get away from him!!!

                                                                    Jaemin
                          Why did you guys listen???!!!!