chapter thirty four

They enter the cafe, only to be greeted by near darkness, if not for the dim, yellow lights.

Straight across from the entrance is the stage, where microphones are set up. To the left, is the small cafe area and all the space is filled up with tables.

Chenle manages to look through the crowd of people and hunt down an empty table near them. He grabs the hands of the people next to him and pulls them along, hoping they're all with him.

"Where's Jeno?" Mark asks.

"Just wait."

The five constantly look around for their friend, halfway giving up when they don't see him after five minutes.

As they get immersed in a conversation, Chenle catches sight of his best friend.

"Found him."

They follow his gaze to the cafe counter that Jeno is standing in front of, looking dashing in a white button-up shirt tucked into black slacks, attached by black suspenders over his shoulders. Jeno already looks good but what really attracts their attention is the fact that the first two buttons of his shirt are undone so a sliver of his chest peeks through and his sleeves are pushed up to reveal his forearms.

And he's holding a black blazer over his shoulder but that's not important.

(Just kidding, it's very important).

Jisung rolls his eyes at the stunned males, only feeling even more annoyed when he sees that Chenle is one of them.

He slides an arm around his waist to pull him close and leans in towards his ear to whisper, "I prefer when you look at me like that."

Chenle smirks and fully twists his body to face Jisung. He wraps his arms around his neck and pulls him into a kiss. As soon as he gets the chance, he slips his tongue into Jisungs mouth, barely tasting him before he pulls away to say, "Don't worry, I think of you way more than I think of him." He pulls him right back into a kiss, trying to keep it somewhat appropriate.

"You two are disgusting", a voice says when they pull away.

Chenle grins at his best friend. "Hi, hottie."

"Honestly, I'm kinda tempted to make that Jenos contact name."

Jeno looks at Haechan with wide eyes, not expecting such blunt words from him. But he doesn't hate it. Which makes him panic more.

"Are you being shy?" Chenle asks, teasingly.

"Shut it."

"Go do your job."

Jeno rolls his eyes and does a dramatic bow before he starts to walk away, waving at them.

"God, he's hot", Haechan says when he's out of earshot.

"He is", Chenle agrees, Mark and Jaemin nodding.

All eyes go to Jisung who rolls his eyes but nods.

"Say it."

"No."

"Say or you don't love Chenle."

"That's the stupidest, fucking thing I've ever heard."

"So don't you love me?" Chenle asks, making puppy eyes at him.

Jisung sighs. "Yes, Boyfriend, I love you. And to prove how much I love you, I will tell you that your best friend is hot."

"Jisung's so funny."

"Fuck you."

"I thought you loved Chenle."