chapter eighteen

Haechan
Hi

                                                                Jeno
                                                                   Hi?

Haechan
I wanna try

                                                                Jeno
                                                                Hm?

Haechan
For my own peace of mind, I'm
gonna try this one more time
Can we hangout?

                                                                Jeno
                          Are you gonna yell at me?

Haechan
I would've done it by now

                                                                Jeno
                                                                    Oh
                                                         Um ok??

Haechan
I just request 2 things. 1) we
don't talk about that day, not
even to apologize. Just pretend
it didn't happen. 2) we start
over. Let's pretend we don't
have any sort of opinions
regarding the other. I wanna
know you and just you. I
wanna know the person Chenle
knows and Mark is starting to
know

                                                                Jeno
                                                                Okay

Jeno isn't sure what to do with himself, standing outside Haechans apartment. He looks down at the bag in his hand, feeling like an idiot. Chenle told him it wasn't necessary to get an apology gift, especially if Haechan wanted no reminders of their falling out but he couldn't help it. Jeno feels bad, he truly does, he just doesn't understand how he'd made the male so angry.

It takes him another minute to bring himself to knock on the door.

"Coming!" He hears from the other side, followed by the door swinging open to reveal the brunet in a white t-shirt, loosely tucked into grey skinny jeans.

"Um, hi."

"Hi. What are you holding?" Haechan asks once he steps inside.

"Oh, uh", Jeno holds out the bag towards him, unsure of how communicate what it is.

Haechan takes the bag off his head and peeks into it before pulling things out. A candle, a bag of candy, a pack of cookies, chocolate milk, mints.

He raises an eyebrow at Jeno as he holds it up. "You trying to tell me something?"

"My sister would have mints with her all the time 'cause the flavor distracted her. I tried it once and just having something, like even gum, calmed me. Thought it might work for you and they taste good."

"Thank you, then. And for all of this. I'm just confused."

"It felt weird to come here empty-handed so I just grabbed a couple things."

"I appreciate it. Want some candy?"

"Sure."

Haechan opens the packet and hands two chocolates to Jeno. He places the chocolate milk in his fridge and then nods towards his living room.

"What do you wanna do?" Jeno asks, already feeling nervous.

"Talk or something. You can pick. My main goal was to hangout with you and you're here so..."