From One Yuga To Another - 2

(apologies for typos)

Continuing...

Rama went to into the armoury where the royal family's weapons were stored, and picked out his dearest Sarnga Dhanu. In his right hand, he held a string which he intended to tie to his bow.

Arjuna watched with twinkling eyes as Rama effortlessly tied the bowstring, and then tested its strength with a twang. The sheer power and aura of Rama was reiterated by the twang of his bow. Arjuna had never felt this fortunate. 

"Do you want to see my bow?" asked Rama, handing it to him. "Show me yours?"

Arjuna was quick to hand the Gandiva to him, and he only did that with Krishna back in their world. He was careful while handling Rama's bow, and he held it with both hands at all times.

His hands trembled under its divinity, making him feel incredibly overwhelmed. It was as if the gold work on the bow radiated light of its own. It was as if the pearls that hung from the top of the bow like a little charm, were made of pieces of the moon itself. The wood itself was the classiest piece he had ever seen. Everything about it screamed Rama. And maybe not so surprisingly, it simultaneously reminded him of his Madhava too.

Rama held Arjuna's bow with immense respect as well. The ivory work on the bow was so intricate, the art appreciator in Rama suddenly rose up a little too much. Around the ivory was gold and some little gemstones. Such beuatiful work was something Rama hadn't seen before on earth. It was a celestial bow without a doubt. And to earn a celestial bow with powers that he could feel by just holding, the warrior would have to be a good one.

"Shall we begin?" Rama asked softly, eyes as bright as the smile on his face.

Arjuna grinned too, eyes crinkling. "Yes."

×××

"Who was that?"

"That was my Arjuna." Krishna replied to the rather angry question that Lakshmana had asked. "Why does that anger you so much?"

"It does not anger me, I just wanted to know." The tone only reassured Krishna that he was enraged.

"I think you are in need of some butter to ease your stress." Krishna sat down in between Bharata and Lakshmana, picking up a pot of village-made butter in his hands. "Here, take some."

"No, thank you very much." Lakshmana turned away.

"Wow, you're even grumpier than Dau!"

Balarama raised his brows. "Why don't you repeat that?"

Krishna backed down. "Don't be so grumpy. Both of you. Butter is the best medicine. Have some-"

"What is this, an advert for homemade butter? Krishna sir-"

Balarama and Shatrughna burst out laughing. "Krishna Sir?"

Bharata shrugged, unfazed. "You're a form of Bhaiya. I can't call you by name."

"Trust me, you can even call your actual Bhaiya by his name." said Krishna, chuckling. "He's just a day older than you guys."

"What made Ram Bhaiya think he could leave me and practice archery with whoever that was-"

Krishna took a handful of butter and stuffed it into Lakshmana's mouth. "You need to calm your overthinking down almost as much as Partha. Damn, you've found your match."