Madhava

A/N: if you can figure out the context of anything here, I'll be very proud of you. Things go a full circle but in a messed up order. Lots of randomness but i think the chapter will be (illogical but) decent.

×××××

Will he turn around and look?

Sita found herself drowning in thoughts about a man she hadn't known until a few minutes back. It was as if all her rationality, her reasoning had been defeated and she had been conquered by a man about whom she seemed to know nothing and everything at the same time.

She turned around to see his retreating back as they went towards their paths. Sita didn't know where she was going, and somehow, felt like he didn't either.

As she stared at his black curls with love that she hadn't known before, he turned around and flashed a little smile. Sita stopped mid-stride, as if his eyes drew her to him. They were like the ocean. Even though they stood at such a distance, Sita could see the emotion and love in those eyes.

His smile faded away, turning into a little bit of a frown as he sighed and turned around, seeming like he didn't want to go. Sita would've asked him to stop if she hadn't lost her voice and forgotten to breathe all this while.

He's the man, Sita.

She closed her eyes, not knowing what to do. He wasn't there to participate in her Swayamvara. But he was the only one she wanted.

×××

Sita took Rama's hand in hers as the stopped on the banks of Tamasa. "Why did you think it would be a good idea to come here tonight, Ram?" she asked, smiling.

"Oh, I just wanted to stay away from royalty for a bit."

"Why do your eyes say 'I have plans!' instead?" she laughed.

He laughed too. "Why are you interrogating me, Your Majesty?"

"Close your eyes." He sprung his brows. "Close them."

He closed both eyes, but opened one in a second. "Are you going to push me into the river?"

Sita stared at him in disbelief. "Yep. Absolutely. You mind reader, now my plan's gone." Rama laughed,throwing his head back.

"I love annoying you!"

"You could've been sweeter, this romantic full moon night by the river, by just removing the word 'annoying', Ram."

"Okay, I'm closing my eyes. Drama queen!"

Sita pulled out a peacock feather she'd somehow managed to keep pristine all this while, and placed it behind the little gold ornament he was wearing on his head. It wasn't his crown, it was more like something that would go with a casual outfit.

"What exactly did you do-" He opened his eyes and was met with Sita's adoring eyes. He smiled. "Come on, you can adore me after you tell me what you did."

"Look at your reflection."

Rama peeped and looked at the reflection of his face in the water. A peacock feather? That was literally the most beautiful ornament he'd received all his life.

"We all know how much you love dressing up, don't we?" Sita laughed.

"How did you get this idea? This is genius, it looks so beautiful!"