31: AMAL

Today is December 22nd; my Henna Party.

I've been on my period since two days after the bridal shower/birthday party and I'm glad it's coming to an end. I should be praying again by Maghrib tomorrow In Shaa Allah. Latest Isha. I just pray nothing happens. In Shaa Allah nothing will happen.

The Planning Company and Blue Velvet have transformed the entire house for today's event, particularly the pool area where the party would hold. There are artificial vines and string lights on the railing of the stairs and there are drapes and actual balloons in the living room with flowers in corners. The pool area has more drapes and it's shared into two; where I'll sit with my friends and family and where other people will seat.

My side has a raffia chair for me and cushions put on rugs for my family and friends while the other side has a number of chairs put around tables. There's enough food and drinks to go round and while this should be the smallest event in our wedding, I still pray everything goes well.

"Amal!" It's Catherine. I shake my head as she approaches, a bottle of kunun aya in her hand. She definitely stole that from downstairs. "I stole this from downstairs."

I laugh. "I guessed as much." I give her a good look. "Well, well, well. You look nice, Mrs Adeshina."

She twirls so I can get a better view of the bubu she's wearing. It's nothing short of elegant. "When you picked out a nice material, I had to represent."

My aunts found it weird that I picked out anko for the Henna Party; red and black atampa for family members and then this really nice Holland Wax for my friends that has a moss green background and big purple flowers that nearly overshadow the smaller flowers and leaves. From what I've seen in the time we spent getting ready, picking out the materials was the best thing. My family members and my friends are killing it and the pictures are going to be evidences. Henry and his team are here after all.

"I was surprised when I got to your room and they said you stepped out for a bit

"I was surprised when I got to your room and they said you stepped out for a bit." Catherine tells me. "For some strange reason, I knew you'd be here inside Mahmud's room and I was right."

"I was talking to Zayd and they didn't want me to rest so I left them." I roll my eyes. "Those girls are mad."

"See who's talking."

"Catherine, I'll beat you!"

She laughs like the crazy woman she is. "Sha, it's time. Everyone's already heading down and they're waiting for the bride."

I stand from Mahmud's bed, taking my phone with me. "The Henna artists are here? They were the ones delaying us."

She nods, walking right beside me. "They're here. I like the fact that there are a number of them."

"Well, we had to make everything fast so..."

"Great planning, Amal...And before I forget, toffee brown is definitely your colour. You look stunning."