Hospital part 2

Bruce jolted awake from a nightmare. After calming himself, he looked around. Dick, Jason, and Tim were still asleep on the hospital cots and Bruce could see light shining behind the curtains of the window. He then looked down to see two tired green eyes looking at him, oxygen mask laying on the bed.

"Hey, buddy, you have to keep this on." Bruce whispered, putting the mask back on. Damian whined and tried to stop him, but he was too weak and tired, so he gave up and just laid there looking at his father. "How do you feel?"

"Sore." He croaked.

"Here drink this." Bruce said, filling a paper cup with water. "Slowly."

"What happened? Why am I in a hospital?" the boy questioned.

"Your appendix burst. The doctors had to perform emergency surgery."

"Oh. Am I ok?" Bruce smiled, kissing his son's forehead.

"You're going to be just fine."

"Damian! You're awake." Dick quietly yelled, tripping over Jason's cot.

"Hey! Watch it, Dick!" Jason grumbled, tossing his pillow at his older brother.

"Little D, how are you feeling? Are you ok? You scared the shit out of me!" Dick cried, throwing himself on the boy. Jason and Tim shot up, realizing their little brother was awake.

"Get off, Grayson. You're heavy!" Damian complained, muffled by the oxygen mask.

"Hey, tater tot." Jason smiled, placing his hand on his little brother's head. "You good?" Damian nodded.

"Just tired. And soar. When can we go home?"

"You just had surgery." Tim shook his head.

"So?"

"So? Unbelievable! I can't believe I was worried about you." Tim growled.

"You were worried?" Damian asked confused.

"We were all worried, Master Damian." Alfred said, walking into the room.

"But why?" Tim looked like he was going to explode. What did he mean why?! "You don't even like me."

"It's hard to not be concerned when you were screaming bloody murder." Damian blushed. Ashamed for showing such weakness. "Don't ever do that again. We thought we lost you, brat." Damian looked away.

"Knock, knock." A nurse said walking into the room. "Hey there little guy, good to see you awake." She smiled. "My name is Amanda, and I will be your nurse until evening. I need to check your vitals and your incision."

"What time is it?" Jason asked Dick who looked at his phone. It was 10 am. "Wanna go get some food?"

"The cafeteria just opened, and they have some really good cooks." Amanda smiled at the two as she wrapped a blood pressure cuff around Damian's arm. "Your food should be here soon, little one." Damian glared. Why was this person speaking to him as if he were a small child. Amanda didn't see the glare, but his father did, and he gave his son a look that screamed, 'behave.'

"His oxygen levels are back to normal so we can take this off. Are you in any pain sweetie?" She asked Damian. The boy shook his head no. "Good, I'll let the doctor know you're awake." She said to Bruce while writing in the boy's chart.

"Thank you." Bruce replied as she walked out.

"I am not eating anything that is made in this cesspool." Damian said the moment Amanda left.

"You need to eat, Master Damian. You haven't eaten since dinner yesterday." The boy huffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"This is stupid. Can we just go home?" he whined. "Alfred has medical training; he can monitor my recovery."

"I know he can, but you don't always listen. And you are at high risk for getting an infection or abscess." Bruce sighed. "Let's just wait and see, ok." Normally, Alfred would handle all the medical needs of the Batfamily, he had every confidence that Alfred was more than capable of taking care of the boy, but he kept seeing the terrified look on his face and kept hearing his screams when the doctors took him away. Damian's condition scared the hell out of him.

"What if I promise to listen to everything Pennyworth says?" the little boy tried. Bruce and Alfred laughed.

"We'll see."

"Why don't we just test that promise. Here comes your breakfast." Alfred smiled as Damian's breakfast was brought into his room and set on his nightstand. "Eat up, Master Damian." The child groaned. He just had to open his big mouth.

"Do I have to?"

"It's just fruit and oatmeal." Damian groaned again picking up the plastic spoon.

"Shall I get you something from the cafeteria, Master Bruce?"

"Please, and a coffee. Thank you, Alfred."

"Of course, sir." The man said leaving. He returned soon after with an egg and bacon breakfast sandwich and coffee. Dick, Jason, and Tim followed behind him with containers of their own breakfasts.

"Are you not eating, Pennyworth?" Damian asked.

"I have already eaten, but thank you for your concern, dear boy." The small family then quietly ate their breakfast, the only sound heard was the beeping on Damian's heart-rate monitor.

The next morning, Bruce spoke with Damian's doctor about getting him transferred to their manor after Damian promised to follow all of Alfred's rules. No getting out of bed, unless to use the bathroom, eat everything Alfred gives him, take all his medication, and tell them if he starts feeling sick or pain, even if the pain was just minor. The doctor wasn't happy about releasing the child and made Bruce sign an AMA.

"It really isn't advisable to take him home, Mr. Wayne." The nurse Amanda said as she unhooked the boy from the IV's.

"Do not worry, my dear, I have the necessary medical knowledge to look after Master Damian." Alfred smiled.

"Well if you run into any complications, please bring him back." She sighed grabbing a wheelchair. "Alright, little one, let me help you down."

"I can walk just fine." Damian pouted.

"It's hospital policy." She smiled.

"You want to go home right squirt?" Jason said, standing next to his bed. Damian uncrossed his arms and sighed.

"Fine." He grumbled and allowed the nurse to help him into the chair. The nurse wheeled Damian to Bruce's SUV and his brothers helped him get into the car. The drive back to the manor was quiet, no one wanted to wake up Damian, who had fallen asleep in Dick's lap. When they reached the manor, Bruce carried his son up to his room, and tucked him in. He was glad they were all home.

Ok, I think that's it for this story. If I do think of more I'll title it the same with a part 3. 🥰