Part 32

The door screeches open and Hayes walks in. I watch him as he walks around to the other side of the hospital bed.

And then- he just stares; His eyes glued to every part of Nash's blood stained, broken and dying body. I see the pain in his eyes. An unbearable pain.

In an effort to comfort Hayes, I break the silence. "He loved you, ya' know. No matter how much he would deny it to you he really did care about and love you."

Hayes's eyes shift up from Nash to me. "I know. He loved you too."

I slightly smile. "I know."

More silence.

"If there's anyone I'd want to be my sister, it's you." Hayes mentions.

I shoot Hayes a questioning look. "What?" I ask.

"Don't play with me." He continues. "I know everything. What did you tell him?" This seems to excite him, though only slightly.

My eyes drop. "I, uh..." I sniffle and look back up at him. "I didn't get a chance to answer before...um..."

The temporary light in his eyes from the subject dulls and then diminishes. "Oh." Hayes says.

I sigh.

My feet take me to a chair in the room and Hayes walks over and sits in the one next to me. Hayes leans forward and rests his arms on his legs with his hands together.

I turn my head to face him. "I see him in you."

Hayes looks over at me with a confused expression plastered on his face. "What?" He asks.

"You're incredibly blue eyes. You're outer and mental structure. You're humorous personality. You're stupidity that is so stupid it's brilliant." I quietly laugh at the thought of all these things.

"Well, I am his brother." Hayes points out.

"Yes but you're mine too." I tell him. "I love Nash more then anything. And you're so much like him I have to love you too. It's inevitable not to. So what I'm saying is we've hated each other for so long, and with Nash nearly gone... I want things to change between us."

A smile appears on Hayes's face. "I'd like that. And I don't hate you. I love you. You're my sister."

I smile in return. "I love you too."

Hayes and I sit there in that room with our dying brother for a while.

Cam comes in and visits Nash, and eventually Hayes leaves me with my thoughts.

I stay sitting in that chair until a nurse comes in and tells me visiting hours are over.

I beg and plead to stay. "I can't leave Nash." I explain, my voice quivering.

I decide to buck up and say it. Maybe I'll get to stay then. "He's my fiancé. I can't leave, I need to be with him, even if he dies. Especially then." By now I can't hold the tears back.

The nurse sighs and motions me out. "I want to talk to you about this." She says.

Normally I'd think I was in some kind of trouble if I'm being told this, but I hear sympathy in her voice.

I fold my hands as I walk out of the room with the nurse at my side.

"I just got engaged as well." The nurse begins. "There's no greater feeling then realizing you've found the one. And then to have it ripped away has to be the most wretched feeling. And I feel so sorry for you.

" But here's the thing..." She sighs and continues with the confession. "I want to let you stay. I really do. But rules are rules and under no circumstances am I allowed to break them or can I allow them to be broken."

I look down at the floor, much of my hope crushed. "Okay." I reply quietly. "I understand."

I look up at her with pleading eyes. "Just keep me or his family updated on his condition."

She smiles at me kindly. "Of course."

I give a small smile in return. "Thanks."
The nurse rubs my arm before walking away.

"Have a nice night, Mrs. Grier." She says, then turns and walks away.

I walk out of the hospital, my thoughts overcoming me.

Mrs.Grier... She called me Mrs.Grier.

I love it.

I hope I get the chance to get used to it.

<---->

This is the last chapter I have prewritten so there may be a little bit of a wait now for new chapters because I have to think of ideas and write them instead of copy and pasting what I've written ahead of time and publishing it. Anyways, thanks for reading!