Thirty Five

Chapter 35

It was nerve-wracking when Nathaniel talked to Richard - Angelina's father, yet he manned up himself, not wanting to disappoint his Angel. Chatting or meeting with his father-in-law wasn't an easy task. It took a lot of courage and preparation, and talking to him met him unexpectedly. All the questions his father-in-law asked him were truthful without a lie, the responses came to him naturally, and he was very happy to get approval from the man.

When he saw Angelina's tensed body and fiddling fingers, he held her hand to comfort and support him from his hot seat. Under the cold breeze from the sea, nervous sweat could be detected underneath his shirt. His heart ran over the miles when Richard sent him a disproved face and when he lowered his eyes. Well, if Richard didn't approve of him, by hook or crook, he would get it if it was pleading or manipulation.

After the video call, Nathaniel's phone vibrated, and irritation flashed in his eyes as he received the call from an unknown number.

Who the fuck calls a newly wedded couple? He hissed, placing the phone on his ear.

"Nathaniel speaking," he said in an irritating voice.

"Oh! Hi," an unsure voice said, "This is Paul, remember?" the voice asked, then continued, "We met at Aunty Sally's place years ago with my friends," loud music could be heard in the background — maybe a club.

"Hmm," he hummed, pinching his forehead. He didn't remember everything but could remember the incident that occurred, which made him do something with them.

"I want to ask whether you've time later to catch up, Uhn? We missed you."

He opened his mouth to decline because he was in Seychelles to enjoy his time with his Angel, not to catch up with strangers, well—Acquaintances, but Angelina gave him a nasty look which made him sigh.

"Okay," he reconsidered and accepted the proposal.

When he hung up, Angelina lectured him and scolded him, "They honored you. That's why they invited you," she muttered, "You've got to accept their invitation," she went on about rejection felt, and he felt bad not for thinking of declining.

_________********_______

Nathaniel and Angelina set out to go to the amusement park, which Eric informed them about.

Nathaniel wore a green turtle-neck shirt with long sleeves that hugged his chest firmly and black pants, while Angelina wore a shaggy blue skirt that stopped at her knees, showing off her short thick legs and long sleeves red top. She used a multicolored handkerchief to do a bandana on her brown hair, giving her badass vibes with her nose ring and black eyes liner yet the innocent looking.

Angelina couldn't contain her excitement as the car drove to the park. Nathaniel ignited the engine of the car after parking in the parking area. He undid his seat belt and walked over to help Angelina down.

Nathaniel paid for the tickets for both of them and collected them before entering the amusement park. The amusement park was crowded with people - families, couples, and children, the noises of people cheering and chanting were relishing.

Angelina was giddy to explore the park. It had been a long time since she visited one when she was in her country with her father. Every new year, she and her father used to go to lekki beach, where she used to feel like a kid again. She laughed, relishing the memories of where she and her father would ride the Ferris wheels when the ferri was at the highest, it would be they wanted to be thrown into the large sea, but when it was going down, it would be like they were to be thrown on the passing wheels on the road. It was fun, seeing her father screaming at the top of his voice, afraid of being thrown into the sea or road. Her father was afraid of the Ferris wheel, yet every year, he used to accompany her to ride it. She smiled, dragging Nathaniel to the candy stores.