Twenty Three

Chapter 23

Nathaniel carried her to the window side gently, making her legs touch the floor before releasing her steadily; her big doe eyes were watching him like a hawk.

He hated this! he sighed and unwillingly went outside to take the packages from his men, leaving her by herself.

Angelina hated how closed off she had been. She has been feeling comfortable with a stranger - a total stranger, and nearly kissed him.

How could she?!

She had been protecting her fragile heart for all these years, but when he came along or when it came to him, why did her heart not want to be saved?!

Angelina shouldn't expect them to have a future or expect anything from the fake wedding. She was just a replacement for some months till she would be discarded in the nearest future.

Then why should she be comfortable? When it was just for fleeting moments. Was it possible to forget one fiancee? And jumped on another girl? He had shown his distress on the wedding day by leaving her at the altar, then what changed? Was he not heartbroken? Or has he moved on just like that? Or was she another plaything? Her heart stung at her thoughts

Their social status was a blatant truth, he was freaking rich, and she was no one with social class, especially her being brown in the midst of different colours. She would not be accepted as usual. They are taking a private jet instead of a commercial plane. The reality of her situation showed clearly on her face. She was just a replacement! She could never fit, and it was better for her to close off now than to get hurt later and not be able to pick up the pieces.

A series of unanswered questions were swimming in her head, and she needed to think with her head, not her unstable heart.

Angelina faced the window side, getting lost in thoughts. She was afraid, and she was scared of being in love. She could always see how to hurt her papa was from heartbreak when he thought she wasn't seeing. She didn't know whether her mother was living or dead but vowed never to forgive her. Her papa was a fool in love. Her mother left her papa alone and never cared for her daughter. And had really wished her papa to move on, but her papa was never ready to let go of her mother's memories. Her mother didn't have the right to be called a mom because she was an excuse for a mom. A mom never leaves her baby and husband! She wasn't angry at her mother, just sad, upset and hurt. Her mother was the cause of her being bullied when she was young.

The painful memories of those children mocking her for being a witch, and that was why her mother left. She was a witch with grey eyes then her mother couldn't live up to, and she decided to run away.

She heard her phone ding in notifications and saw messages from her friend.

Foodie Bella :

Hey, sugar! I heard from aunty that you are out of the country *squealing*.

Foodie Bella :

I'm really screaming my ass off, sugar.

Foodie Bella :

Congratulations on your honeymoon. Do make it memorable and juicy so that you can jist me later *winking*

Foodie Bella :

And fret not about school; I'll cover up for you as much as you describe every detail without missing a bit.

Foodie Bella :

Don't forget to….

Angelina didn't read the last message when she heard the footsteps of her temporary husband. She sighed and rubbed her temple. She felt his gaze on her before he sat adjacent to her beside the window also. The jet was ignited to live as the pilot announced that it would soon take off and they should put their seat belt on.