Chapter 24. Surprise

After Marshall left I took a shower. I changed into my pjs and went straight to bed.

17.October 1995

I was waken up by sun brightness. I schreched and walked to bathroom. I did my job and walked dowsairs. Shit.
I still have to figure out where to put the decoraition. I decited to put it in dinning room. I got a call from a confectionery store. One of the workers told me to come around 9am.

When I realised. Shit.
Its 8:36 am. I run to my room and puced up a first thing from my closet.

I locked the house. I quickly jumped into my car and started it. I drove to confectionery store and picked up the cake.

I bought 3 boxes of his favoutite muffins and cupcakes. I bought myself a cup of coffie.

I was sitting iny car drunking my coffie when my phone buzzed. Ive ceked caller ID. Fuck.
It's Marshall. I picked up.
"Hey, baby" he spoke trough his raspy sleepy voice. Looks like he's just woken up.
"Hey,what's up?" I asked.
"Nothung much, I just woke up.. and I realised I miss you" he said. "Aww, I miss you too"  I replied. The silience took of the convesation. It was his way to speak.

He cleared his throat"Since you all have pkans for today I guess I'll spend it working" he said in his covered up hurt voice. "Acrually, I'm free tonight at 7pm" I quickly replied.

"You can come over at 7"  I added. He sighed. " 'Ight see ya then" he spoke. "See you.....oh and yah I love you" I added. "I love you too" he said and hung up.

I started my car and drove to my house. It's 11:44 am I better hurry. I arrived home and got in shower. Damn.

What if Proof dont come, what if no one comes. I would feel awfull. My toughts driffted to Marshall. Is he ready to be a father. Is he going back to Kim? I brush those toughts away.

I stepped out of the shower. I wrap a towel over my body and hair. I walked to my room. I picked my bra and underwear. On top on thar I wore Marshall's t-shirt.

I blow dryed my blonde hair and added curls at the ends. Now when all Is set I can relax a little. I sat down on the couch and turned on TV.

TV was playing my favourite show Friends. My eyes started to feel hevy. I was trying to keep my eyes open, but I cluldnt. I drifted to sleep.

I woke up by a sound of my phone ringing. I rubbed my eyes and answered the phone. "Hello" I said in my raspy voice. I didnt even cheked caller ID.

"What's up girl?" Proof spoke. "You woke me up" I answered. "Damn I'm sorry" he apologized. "Nah it's fine, anyways what time is it?" I asked trough a yawn. "It's almos 7" he said.

"Shit, hurry up dawg, Marshall is gonna come any second" I said and hung up.

I runned upstairs and changed into my outfit. I was wearing pink top and matching skirt with pink heels.I was wearing necklace Marshall gave me. I quickly did my makup.

 I quickly did my makup