Chapter 1

It was 1995, and I had just moved to Detroit from California. I had to move because of my family. I was walking around the trailer park looking for my trailer when I saw a few guys beating up someone. My heart started beating hard,I quickly hid behind the tree and watched.After a few second I saw a guy pointing gun at the white boy , they kicked him another few times leawing him laying at the ground, as they left. I dropped my bags and quickly ran to him to see is there any way I can help him."Omg are you okay"i said he looked at me with one of his eyes swollen and said "Do I look like I'm Ok?"he said "Well no but can I help you" I asked "No I'm fine." "C'mon man you cant even stand let me help you" I said , he looked at me angry and said "Why do you care,you don't even know me " I signed "I saw how they beaten you up,and I know how it feels like"he looked at me with glossy eyes and said "Oh ok then" my eyes started to gloss "Ok, so can I help you" "I guess you can"he said "alright , so whre do you live?" I asked "I live here" he said "Where's your trailer?"
"It's not that far, but I got in a fight with my mom,so I can't really go there, is it ok if we go to your trailer"he asked.I instantly felt sorry and said yes, he thanked me few times.I picked up my bags and helped him to get up he couldn't walk so I helped him.A milion thoughts went through my head I mean inviting someone you don't know into your house, what's the worst thing that can happen being raped maybe or worse being killed.I snapped out of my toughts when I heard him talk "What's your name ?" he said "I'm Ava, and your's?" I said as I unlocked the trailer dor " I'm Marshall"he said "Well nice to meet you Marshall" I said as he slightly smiled and then said "Nice to meet you to" I finally unlocked the door and we got in.I saw a small room a dinning table a couch it wasn't much but it was still good.As long as I got a roof under my head it was good. Marshall sat on the couch as I set my clothes in wardrobe.I filled the fridge with groceries I bought earlier."Are you hungry?" I asked Marshall "Nah I'm fine" he said ."You sure" "Yeah" I knew he was hungry so I headed him an apple. We were talking about everything,and it turned out we have a lot in common.I helped him clean his scars. I picked up a little piece of paper and a pen and wrote my number and headed it to Marshall "Here if you need anything you can text me"I said "Thanks , can I have your phone for a second " he asked "erm..yeah sure"I gave him my phone and he typed his nuber and saved it as 'Marshall:⁠,⁠-⁠)'"Here now you have my number, text me when you need something , because I owe you , see ya soon" "See you" Well I can tell he was very handsome,he's so sweet.Fuck Ava stop thinking about him you met him a few hours ago.

*************************
It's been a few days since I met Marshall, I haven't heard from him since he left, I tough he forgot me. Of course he would he cant fall in love with someone like me.What the hell am I thinking about.I snapped out of my toughts when I heard my phone buzzed, then I saw a text from Marshall, I immediately smiled.

M:𝑯𝒆𝒚
A:𝑯𝒆𝒚
M:𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚,𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒕𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖.𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒂 𝒃𝒖𝒔𝒚.
A:𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕,𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝑰 𝒂𝒔𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈?
M:𝒀𝒆𝒂, 𝒈𝒐 𝒐𝒏
A:𝑫𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒋𝒐𝒃?
M:𝒀𝒆𝒔, 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒘𝒏𝒔 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒃 𝒔𝒐 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒔𝒌 𝒉𝒊𝒎, 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐.
A:𝒀𝒆𝒔, 𝒐𝒎𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖
M:𝑨𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚?
A:𝒀𝒆𝒔, 𝒘𝒉𝒚?
M:𝑾𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒖𝒕 ?
A:𝒀𝒆𝒂 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆.
M:𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒑𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒖𝒑 𝒊𝒏 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆.
A:𝑨𝒍𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕,𝒃𝒚𝒆
M:𝑩𝒚𝒆

I quickly ran into my room and picked up my outfit for today. I picked baggy jeans and a baggy hoodie with nike shoes.

I stared applying my makeup on and saw I had only 10 minutes to finish my makeup

I stared applying my makeup on and saw I had only 10 minutes to finish my makeup.I hurried up and finished it.I was waiting for him to come, a few minutes passed it was 5:05 i started to lose hope,then I heard a knock on the door.I quickly fixed my hair and opend the door."Hi"Marshall said "Hey" "You look gorgeous" he said "You don't look dab yourself" i said. "Thanks,now we should get going. "You are right let's go. I got out of the trailer and locked the door.I made my way to car and Marshall opened the door for me and I got in.I blushed a little bit,but he didn't noticed."Whre are we going" I asked "You'll see"he said. The rest of the ride was awkwardly quiet. "We are here" he said.It was a beautiful place a beautiful hill whwer you can see the whole town. "Wow Marshall rhis is beautiful " i said. We sat on the ground and wached rhe sunset."So how old are you?"I asked him, he cleared his throat and said "I'm 21,what about you?" he said he wasn't much older than me so maybe I had a chance "I'm 19" i said, he just stared at me "You know this was a bad idea I should get going"I said disappointed "No stay please, anyway I'm only 2 years older than you." he said."Ok then" i said. We talked for another few hours, so we didn't realize I was almost 2:00am. "It's late let's go"he said "Alright" the ride was silent, after a few minutes we arrived, I waved at him and entered in the trailer. I changed into my pajamas,made same cereal and fall asleep on couch while watching tv. The next morning I woke up at 8:00 and made myself a breakfast. After that I showered really quick and picked my outfit for today. I went to the beares grocery store and bought eggs, milk,snacks,2 cereal boxes,and paid them.I arrived back to trailer. I unlocked the door and putted my groceries at fridge. I heard someone yelling outside."You fuckin' idiot Ronnie is dead because of you, I wish you were dead" the woman yelled "Fuck you bitch, I'm out of here " the man yelled it didn't took me long to realize it was Marshall and the woman must be his mother.He told me he had problems with his mom,but I didn't know it was that bad.