He's scared that he might mess up his vows.

But it's now or never.

"Our first wedding was somehow different from this. Back then, we were just marrying because we had to. There wasn't any connection or love. It took six years before we could even have what we have right now. The clarity, love and connection. We waited for so long back then, and when we finally became happy, things were just starting to get messy again. We got separated, we both lived different lives, longing for what we both had. We waited again for so long...until we finally saw each other again. Everything is going well now, and I can't help but feel anxious that things might go south again...if ever...I won't let you go alone anymore, I will go with you no matter what place you go to, my love. That is my vow. To be always with you no matter what happens, no matter how long it is..."

Y/n watched as the blond man slid her ring on her ring finger. A single tear escaped her eyes, and a smile was plastered in her lips.

The h/c-haired woman looked at her husband. She stared at Erwin for a moment, admiring his blue eyes.

"Your majesty...my husband...my love, my Erwin..." Y/n gently squeezed Erwin's hand. She took a deep breath as she began to speak her vow. "We're finally together again, and no words could express how much I am relieved and delighted. You became my warmth, comfort and my home.  Together with our children...I may have grown to be lonely, but I found myself with you. I may have forgotten about us, but again, I found myself with you...it's always you...and only you. My love for you is never ending, my devotion is for a lifetime, and I am for you until our journey ends. Erwin...I have a lot of things to say, I'm afraid I won't be able to say all of them...but do know that you will eventually hear them as we continue in our story. I vow to always be there for you, to stay by your side, to be in your hold, to be in your eyes, no matter what happens...no matter how long it is."

Y/n slid the ring on the blond man's ring finger, smiling. She looked up at Erwin whose eyes were a bit glossy from tears.

"Today, the rulers of the Eldian empire have said their vows for a second marriage, to strengthen their matrimony, to keep their love unconditional, and to help each other in keeping our motherland flourishing."

The wedding officiant smiled widely as he closed his book and stared at the empress and emperor.

"By the power vested on me, I hereby pronounce you husband and wife!"

Everyone clapped their hands and cheered for the empress and emperor.

"You may now kiss the bride!"

Erwin let out a small chuckle. He carefully lifted Y/n's veil. His hands cupped her face, gently caressing her cheeks with his thumb.

Y/n stared at him with loving eyes.

"I love you, my empress."

The empress smiled.

"I love you more, my emperor."

The people cheered once again as they watched the empress and the emperor shared their second wedding kiss.

"LONG LIVE THE RULERS OF ELDIA!"

"LOVE LIVE!"

"LONG LIVE THE EMPEROR AND EMPRESS!"

Evan and Eleanor have a wide smile plastered on their lips as they cheered along with the people. Elizabeth is with them, too, being carried by Lady Finger.

"LONG LIVE!"

--

After the empress and emperor's wedding, the rest of the day was spent on the appointment of the empress to a new title.