Chapter 6 💥

Not my art! School is starting and I haven't had time to finish the art, but I will add it once it's done. For now you get this by pentapoda.

The doors blew open and everyones attention was drawn towards them, as a group of people in clown masks stepped into the room with guns aimed out toward the crowd. Gasps could be heard around the room and as people realized what was happening they began yelling and shoving past each other in an attempt to get to the exits. Chairs were shoved over as people scrambled under tables or to another hiding spot.

Percy ducked down next to the table and yanked Rachel down with her. Jason had already crouched down next to them.

"Well, well, well. We sure are sorry to disrupt this lovely party and Mista' J is so sorry he couldn't be here to congratulate you himself but he's a little tied up at the moment," the man said with a crazed laugh to himself.

The man continued talking and a grin came over his face, "Anywho, we brought you all a teensy surprise." His grin grew even wider as he stepped out of room with the rest of the group and tossed a canister into the open doorway. The man quickly shut the doors just as some sort of smoke began pouring into the room.

"Oh Gods," Percy thought and looked over to Rachel and Jason. Jason's face was pale and his whole body was so tense it was almost shaking. She had completely forgotten about his history with the Joker and didn't even think about how he would be reacting to this.

Percy quietly cursed to herself, as she looked up and saw how quickly the room was filling with the smoke. Already she was beginning to feel dizzy, and as she scanned the room again she noticed people were beginning to collapse to the ground. She tried to stand and do something to help but her legs gave out and she just fell back against the table.

Percy could feel her eyelids growing heavier and she fought to stay conscious. Quickly, she muttered a prayer to the gods that the gas wasn't deadly.

~~~~~~~~~~

"--ercy wake up." Slowly Percy opened her eyes to find a familiar red head in a bright yellow costume gently shaking her.

"Percy, Are you okay?" Wally asked as she sat up.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Percy responded even though her head was pounding as if someone was smashing it from the inside out.

She looked over at Jason and Rachel who were both still passed out on the ground. "What happened?" She asked in alarm. "I know they threw some kind of gas in here but what happened after?"

"Batman had us all stationed outside for the night. When the Jokers men left the hall we subdued them and got the doors open. The gas isn't deadly it was designed specifically to knock people out which makes us think they were going to come back and take hostages," Wally said with grim look on his face. Percy just sighed and rubbed her temples.

Slowly Percy steadied herself on the table and stood up. She looked around the room and noticed people in varying states of consciousness, most were still passed out but others were beginning to wake or were already standing and looking around.

"I told Bruce this wouldn't end well," Percy said with a shake of her head. Wally just patted her on the back and bent down to help wake Rachel and Jason.

"Ummm maybe we should wait to wake Jason up until Bruce is here. I don't know how he's gonna react, and Bruce has probably dealt with this before," Percy said.
A sad look crossed Wally's face but he nodded anyway and moved over to Rachel who woke with just a slight shake from Wally.

"Are you okay Rach?" Percy asked as Rachel began to stand.

Rachel just sighed and rubbed her temples, saying, "Yeah, I'm good. I'm gonna have one hell of a headache though."