Chapter 4 🛍️

After Percy had found that her motorcycle had been stolen, she climbed back up onto the roof, and... well she sulked.

Thankfully Red Hood just so happened to be passing by and noticed Percy sitting on the roof.

"Riptide?" At hearing her name the demigod immediately tensed but relaxed when she recognized the familiar voice.

"Red hood? What are you doing here?" Percy asked using his code name in case someone was listening near by.

"I was just out on patrol. Shouldn't you be back at the manor by now? You left for patrol hours ago," he questioned.

Percy just sighed and ducked her head in response. "Well, I would be back at the manor by now especially because I was shot, but—"

At that statement, Jason shook his head and interrupted the young woman. "I'm sorry WHAT? You were shot so you decided to just hang out on a roof?"

Percy turned to glare at Jason. "Well, if you would just let me finish what I was saying you would know why I'm sitting up here." Jason cleared his throat awkwardly and glared at her.

"Right, continue," he said while motioning with his hand.

"Thank you. As I was saying I would be back at the manor by now except for the fact that my motorcycle was stolen. So, yeah..." Percy trailed off at the end. With a sigh, Red hood offered his hand to Percy.

"Come on, I'll give you a ride back to the manor. But you owe me because I could be out there beating up crooks right now, but I'm choosing to help you," Percy just rolled her eyes and grabbed Jason's hand to pull her off the ground.

                                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the two returned to the manor Jason quickly grabbed bandages to wrap the bullet wound in Percy's shoulder. "Thank you, Jason,"

The dark-haired man just shook his head and said, "It's not a big deal."

At this statement, the demigoddess smirked. "But you could be out there beating up crooks right now," Percy remarked, mocking his earlier statement.

"Shut up, before I undo this bandage and let you do it," Jason said while giving Percy a light smack on her injured shoulder.

"You know, Red Bird, believe it or not, I really dislike you sometimes," Percy said with a slight grimace on her face. Jason chuckled darkly at this.

"I believe you. It might be because you tell me that all the time." Percy just stuck out her tongue at Jason.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Percy woke up to a very sore shoulder. She probably should've had some ambrosia before she went to bed but she was running really low on it and wanted to save it for more important emergencies. Plus it might be a little suspicious to the rest of the family if she went to bed with a gunshot wound and the next morning it was magically gone. Suddenly her stomach growled and she realized how hungry she was.

With a small groan, Percy got out of bed and got dressed then went down for breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~

As Percy entered the kitchen she was surprised to see Jason still there.

"Hey, I thought you went back to your apartment last night?" She asked as she poured herself a very large cup of coffee.

"Well, I was going to but I passed out on my bed when I went to grab a book from my old room," Jason said pouring two bowls of cereal and passing one to Percy.