Chapter 2 🌊

A couple of hours after Percy's chat with Tim in the kitchen, the young demigoddess made her way down to the beach, where she joined the Waynes and a few of their friends.

Percy had met most of the family's friends so thankfully it wasn't awkward spending time with them. Percy had quickly become good friends with Artemis and Wally. The couple was so cute together and Percy absolutely loved it!

As Percy laid out her towel, she glanced around to see who was at the beach. She saw many people she recognized like the M'gann, Superboy, Wally, Artemis, Kaldur, and a few of Bruce's friends. But as Percy looked around she saw a redhead she didn't recognize talking to Jason.

As Percy walked over to the two men she realized that the man talking to Jason was likely Arsenal, she knew that Red Hood worked with Arsenal quite a bit so that seemed like the most likely explanation as to who the redhead was.

"Hey, Jason," Percy called and he looked up at the sound of her voice.

"What's up, Percy," Jason said with a wave of his hand.

"Nothing much," the girl replied. Then the man Percy presumed was arsenal cleared his throat, and Jason glanced at him as if he had forgotten he was standing there.

"Oh right. Percy, this is Roy Harper or Arsenal as some know him. Roy this is Percy she will be living with us for a while," Jason said.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you," The demigoddess said as she stuck her hand out for Roy to shake.

"Nice to meet you too, Percy," he said and then glanced at Jason.  "Jason, I think I'm going to go find Bruce, I have to talk to him about something... Umm, see ya, Percy."

As Roy walked off, Percy looked back at Jason with an eyebrow raised.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing, I'm just surprised that you're actually out here socializing with people," Percy replied with a slight chuckle as she started walking towards the water.

"Hey! I socialize with people. I socialized with the family last night at dinner," he said, following Percy towards the water.

"Yeah well, that doesn't really count, we live with you it's sort of required," she replied with a laugh. Jason just sighed realizing he didn't want to turn this into an argument he wouldn't win.

"Speaking of which, what were you even doing there, you don't even technically live with us?" The raven-haired woman asked with quick glance at the man who was built like a fucking Boulder and who also happened to be raven-haired. Jason shrugged slightly and the two continued walking along the water in comfortable silence.

Deciding she wanted some action, Percy turned suddenly and shoved Jason into the water. Sitting up and spitting the water out of his mouth, Jason glared at Percy who was too busy laughing her ass off to even notice.

"Will you at least help me up?" Jason asked.

"Yeah right, so you can just pull me in with you. I think not," Percy replied between laughs.

"Fine," Jason huffed as he stood up "Guess I'll just have to throw you in." This caused Percy to stop laughing almost immediately and her to start running back towards the others with Jason hot on her heels.

When the others came into view Percy began shouting trying to get their attention but it was no use. Jason had easily caught up to her due to the length of his legs compared to hers.

Scooping her up, he changed his course towards the water instead of the towards the others.

" Put me down!" Percy yelled with a laugh.

"No! I like revenge too much and you deserve this," was Jason's quick reply to her shouting and squirming trying to get out of his arms.

"Would you like a count down or should I just throw you?" Jason asked with a glint in his bright green eyes.

"Countdown please?" Percy responded, unsure.

"3, 2, 1"  just as Jason was letting go Percy grabbed his hair and dragged him down into the water with her.

"Oww!" he yelled as he sat up, but Percy was once again laughing too hard to notice. Finally, she stopped laughing and wiped her eyes to get rid of the tears that were starting to appear because of how hard she had been laughing.

Jason's yelling and Percy's contagious laugh seemed to draw some of the others to the water because a few minutes later there was a full-out splash war that just about everyone took a part in. Teams were quickly formed and Percy, with the help of Kaldur, easily beat everyone else.

Eventually, everyone calmed down again and Percy walked over to Artemis whom she hadn't said hello to yet.

"Hey, Artemis," Percy said as she approached the older girl.

"Hey, Perce," Artemis replied with a knowing smirk.

"What?" Percy asked confused as to what her friend was smirking about.

"Nothing, it's just that you and Jason seem sort of close," Artemis replied.

"Oh, umm... I guess... not really, but... I mean yeah," With a slight blush tinting her freckled cheeks Percy quickly gave up on what she was saying.

"Mhm," Artemis replied while looking towards Wally who was joining the two women with a plate of hotdogs.

"Hey, Percy, how are you?" Wally asked as he swallowed a bite of food.

"I'm good Mr. Mustard thanks for asking," Percy replied with a grin. She had started calling Wally that when she first saw him in his bright yellow costume and saw how much he actually resembled a Mustard bottle. Artemis chuckled and grabbed two hotdogs off Wally's plate. Artemis then handed one to Percy, ignoring the protests from Wally about how they should get their own food. With a small laugh, Percy bit into her hotdog and smirked at Wally.

After grabbing another hotdog and catching up with Kaldur, it was getting late so Percy decided that she should probably go get ready for patrol because she was still sort of new to it and she didn't want to be late.

~~~~~~~~~

Once Percy made it back to Wayne manor, she changed into her suit which was dark blue with lighter blue patches along the sides and a trident just above her heart. She then put on her belt and made sure she had Riptide as well as a mortal weapon.

Surprisingly Percy hadn't had many problems with monsters but she still kept Riptide with her just in case.

Deciding she was ready to leave she made her way to the Bat Cave and found the motorcycle she had basically claimed as hers.

"You heading out for patrol?" Startled, Percy looked up to find the source of the voice was Dick's.

"Yeah. Aren't you on patrol tonight too?" she asked the former boy wonder.

"Yup, just trying to get everything together. Have fun," He said and Percy waved then started the bike and left.

So another chapter is done! Hope you guys liked it.