Prologue ⚔️

This is my first story and honestly, I don't know for sure where it is going. I am going to try and make an update schedule that I will stick to but I am really busy so it might not always happen. As I mentioned earlier I don't know where I am going with this story so I have no idea how long it will be. There will probably be mistakes and discrepancies in the story, so if you notice any can you please politely let me know and I will try my hardest to fix it. I also have a ship in mind so hopefully, it will work out. I thinks it is going to be fairly obvious who the ship is.

The young woman's hand tightened on her sword, and her eyes seemed to glow a brilliant sea green as she stared down the primordial. She had lost much but was not going to back down. The ongoing battle around her faded out as she glared at the woman who had just taken so many friends from her.

As Percy raised her hands to hopefully end it with her dear great grandmother everyone in the vicinity could feel the rage, power, and sadness radiating off the young demigoddess. Percy's eyes seemed to glow even brighter if that was even possible.

Percy had figured out that Gaea had to be ripped away from her source to truly be killed so she used water to lift Gaea into the sky with the help of Jason, while Leo blasted the Earth mother with fire. In the distance, another flaming object could be seen flying towards Gaea. As the object collided with the primordial the demigods watched her disappear into the flames. With their leader gone the other monsters seemed much less sure of themselves but they continued to fight, and before long the demigods were finally able to finish them off.

As the demigods all regrouped the Apollo campers set up medical tents, where they were tending to the wounded, while others wandered the battlefield searching for their friends and siblings.

Nibbling on some ambrosia Percy decided to walk around and try to locate her friends but she wasn't sure who was still alive. She knew for sure that she had lost her best friend, her wise girl. Judging by what Leo had just accomplished and the state she had last seen him in, Percy had a feeling that her friend had not survived either. Stopping quickly to wipe her tears Percy spotted a familiar dagger sticking out of a pile of debris.

Dreading what she was about to find Percy scrambled over to the debris and began picking through it until her fear was confirmed. She sat down slowly and stared at Piper. Slowly reality crept up on Percy and she realized that she may have lost more friends and family than she had originally anticipated.

A few minutes or hours later, Percy couldn't tell, Jason noticed Percy on the ground and went to check on her. Percy watched in pity as Jason's eyes landed on his dead girlfriend, and he collapsed onto his knees. With fresh tears forming in her eyes once again, Percy crawled over to her cousin and hugged him tightly.

Not long after, Thalia and Hazel joined the two on the ground. Thalia was very clearly trying to hold herself together, but Hazel just sat there with silent tears running down her dark cheeks.

Soon Percy stood and offered her hand to Hazel, who gratefully accepted. The two stood and left the Grace siblings to comfort each other.

As Percy and Hazel walked, Hazel began to explain how she had watched Frank die. The demi goddesses made their way around the still bloody field, taking note of their fallen comrades. Percy spotted some faces among the dead that she had grown to love after all her years at camp.

As she walked past Conner's body she saw Travis who was sobbing on Katie's shoulder. Katie patted his back and did her best to comfort her grieving boyfriend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a couple of weeks, the demigods began getting back to normal. The shrouds had been burned and tears had been shed, but that was just part of being a demigod. Leo's body had still not been found and while Percy didn't want to admit it she was secretly hoping that he had somehow survived.

Around camp, Percy had noticed some subtle changes like how Clarisse seemed to have chilled out, and Travis was much more serious as if his brother was the person that made him who he was before. Hazel had become a praetor at Camp Jupiter which busied her, and Jason threw himself into work trying to fulfill his promise of giving the lesser-known gods cabins and memorials.

After everything at the camps was taken care of Percy finally returned home only to find her mother and Paul dead. ( I don't feel like getting into detail about this, Sorry. I know this is used in a lot of other stories.)

~~~~~~~~~~

Within just a few hours of finding her mother dead, Percy left the police station with her mother's best friend, Bruce Wayne.

She hadn't seen Bruce in years, but because she wasn't a legal adult and she didn't exactly have any family that she could legally stay with outside of camp. Percy also needed to be away from Camp Halfblood for a while, so she decided to call Bruce. Pretty soon she was signing papers with Bruce and the two were allowed to leave.

By the time they had arrived at the manor Percy had learned that a lot had changed about Bruce since she had last seen him so many years ago. Bruce had adopted a third son, and now also had a biological son.

Bruce asked Percy a lot of questions about what had happened to her and where she had disappeared to, but Percy effectively dodged them and Bruce finally let it go.

The second Bruce had walked into the police station he had walked to Percy and pulled her into a tight hug. She had decided then and there that she was not going to tell the Wayne's what she was, what she had been through and what she was capable of, it would just put them in danger and that wasn't something she was willing to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner the first night with the Wayne's had been very awkward. She quickly got reacquainted with Dick and Jason and met Tim and Damien for the first time.

Dick and Jason had embraced her warmly and said they were sorry about her mother. Tim had also approached her to offer his condolences and introduce himself. Damien had only nodded at her and sat down at the table to eat.

The rest of the meal was very quiet and Percy found herself wondering what it was they usually talked about at dinner, or if it was always this uncomfortably silent.

After dinner she got a tour of the house from Dick because she didn't remember much of it, and she began to already feel more comfortable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Within 2 months of living at the manor, Percy had learned the family "secret" because she had walked in on Dick entering the Batcave via the grandfather clock in Bruce's office. (He did a surprisingly bad job at sneaking around considering what his job was)

Percy quickly approached the bats with the proposition that she join them as "Riptide". She of course didn't tell them much about her past experience with fighting and they miraculously didn't ask about where she had gotten her skills from. Bruce was hesitant at first but after a lot of pestering from Percy, he finally gave in and let Percy join the family on patrol. Percy's reputation quickly grew around Gotham and she became known and feared as the Riptide.

Well, what do you think?

I also drew Percy at the top and it was actually my first time doing digital art so I'm sorta happy with how that turned out.

I am not quite sure what I think of this, but oh well. I think I might try to update once a every other week but it might take a little while longer at the beginning as I try to sort some stuff out. Please comment and vote. I would love to hear what you think of it and if you have any ideas, those are always appreciated since I don't know currently know where this story is going.