Chapter 01

Chapter 01

Looking back then, Taehyung remembered his first love in college

Looking back then, Taehyung remembered his first love in college. It was innocent admiration that he didn't expect will be one of the most painful events in his life.

Jeon Jungkook

That was the name of the person he loved before. He was his childhood best friend, and they grew up together since they became adults.

However, Taehyung fell in love with Jungkook. He started to feel odd in his stomach every time Jungkook touches him. It was his first time to feel those feelings, and he believed it was love.

10 years ago

“Hyung!”

He looked behind him after hearing his childhood best friend's voice calling him through the hallway of the University. Jungkook was 18 while he was 20.

“Why, Koo?” He responded while standing in front of Jungkook.

Every time he looks into Jungkook's dark brown orb eyes, he can't help but feel the heat rushing through his cheeks. And his heart was beating so fast that it could explode in his chest. He knew he shouldn't feel that way because Jungkook was his best friend, but he couldn't control his feelings.

“Why didn't you wait for me? I told you to wait.” Jungkook huffed, making the older one giggle.

“You are moving so slow, of course, I had to leave early to attend the meeting.” Taehyung retorted with a soft laugh.

“Still, you can't leave me like that. I'm your best friend, for god's sake, Hyung.” Jungkook whined, crossing his arms while playfully glaring at Taehyung.

“Alright, I won't do that again.” Taehyung chuckled.

“Taehyung Oppa!”

Taehyung turned around when he heard a feminine voice behind him. He saw Jessica, she was known for being beautiful and having those Korean beauty standards. It was no surprise that most of the male students would like to date her.

“Yes? How can I help you?” Taehyung responded to her.

“Professor Choi was looking for you, she said the meeting was about to start.” Jessica told him.

“Okay, I'll go later, thank you.” Taehyung smiled at her.

“See you later, Oppa.” Jessica smiled back and left the hallway.

“I'll get going now, Jungkook.” Taehyung uttered and was about to walk away, but Jungkook grabbed his right wrist.

“Wait, Hyung, I just want to ask you something.” Jungkook stopped him from going away.

“What is it?” Taehyung asked curiously.

“H-how did you know her? Are you close with her?”

Taehyung could see how Jungkook's eyes lit up while talking about her.

“Yeah, she's part of the student council. Why did you ask?” Taehyung replied.

“Really, Hyung?” Jungkook's reaction seemed to be excited when he heard that.

“What's with that expression, Jungkook? You look so cute right now.” Taehyung giggled.

“Well, I know that I didn't tell you about this yet, but I like her, Hyung! She's really pretty and I wanted to date her.” Jungkook excitedly said with a blush creeping on his cheeks.

At that moment, Taehyung felt a pang in his heart. It was his first time seeing Jungkook being like this.

“Can you do me a favor, Hyung? Since you already knew her. Can you please help me ask her out?” Jungkook asked, holding both of Taehyung's hands.

Taehyung doesn't know how to respond.

Will it sound selfish if he said no?

He had never seen Jungkook so happy before. But it hurts him that he is not the reason Jungkook is happy.

“I don't know, Jungkook, I-”

“Please, Hyung, I really like her. I don't want to miss a chance to date her. Just help me out with this one, and I won't bother you again, I promise.” Jungkook stated.

I like you too, Jungkook, but why can't you see that?

Taehyung wanted to say those words, but he didn't want Jungkook to hate him.

“Fine, I will do that.” Taehyung sighed in defeat.

“Thank you, Hyung!” Jungkook hugged him.

Taehyung wonders, will Jungkook ever see his admiration for him? Or will it be just a one-sided love?