Chapter 04

Chapter 04

While he was panting heavily, he finally saw Taehyung, who was standing in front of the principal's office

While he was panting heavily, he finally saw Taehyung, who was standing in front of the principal's office. It seemed like he already finished a discussion with the principal about the scholarship.

There's no way Taehyung accepted that offer, right?

Taehyung won't leave him, they promised it. They will graduate together.

“Hyung”

Taehyung looked at him, his smile earlier faded away after meeting his eyes with Jungkook.

“What are you doing here?” Taehyung asked with a sigh.

“You didn't accept it, did you?” Jungkook inquired and based on Taehyung's reaction, he knew his question was already answered.

He clenched his fist, waiting for the older one to open up his mouth.

“I did, I accepted it.” Taehyung replied, looking at him.

“Why?” That's the only word that came out of Jungkook'a mouth.

“Why? You ask? It's a good opportunity for me, isn't it? Once I go abroad, I can secure my future with a better life. Besides the scholarship, I will have work there once I successfully finish my studies. That sounds good, right?” Taehyung giggled.

“But how about our promise, Hyung? We promised that we will graduate together, right? Did you forget that?” Jungkook asked with a shaky tone.

“How come I can forget that, maybe you forget something.” Taehyung chuckled bitterly.

“I'm sorry, I didn't know your birthday was yesterday. I was too occupied thinking of Jessica…”

“Promises meant to be broken, if I'm not the one who will break our promise, it will be you, Jungkook. You're the one who will leave me.” Taehyung stated, biting his inner bottom lip to prevent himself from sobbing.

Jungkook realized that he's been spending most of his time with Jessica only. Maybe that was the reason Taehyung thought he was leaving him.

“Was it because of Jessica? Hyung, I'm not going to leave you.” Jungkook clarified.

“Really? But you are showing signs to me, Jungkook. Besides, it's not like in the future we will still stay together. We're just childhood best friends, in the end, you will find someone who will stay with you forever. And that's not me, Jungkook.” Taehyung said with a forced smile.

As if it didn't hurt him, he wanted to confess his feelings for Jungkook, but how? If their situation is like this.

“But how about me, Hyung?” Jungkook's tears fell from his eyes.

“How about me too, Jungkook? You're lucky because you already have someone in your life. I don't have the chance to win the heart of the person I love. That person loves someone else, and it hurts me because I know I'm not enough.” Taehyung cried.

He didn't want to cry, but his heart felt so heavy that he couldn't handle the pain anymore.

“Hyung…”

He was about to touch Taehyung to comfort him, but the older one moved away from him.

“Please, Jungkook, let me leave, let me go. I'm sorry, but I already made a decision for myself.”

Taehyung turned around and walked away from Jungkook with pain in his heart.