But Katherine refused as she pulled backwards.
"I can't" she whispered

Hearts beating, both obviously knew that they craved each other.

Emily glared at Katherine, their eyes were so close they almost touched. Looking at each other breathing and longing, Emily had enough of waiting and agreeing.

She may have skills to seduce male unsubs, but she sure had a hard time with real woman. She felt her cheeks grow red as she impulsively made her request.

With a most seductive stare, she aroused her opponent

"Just use me" she begged.

But Katherine had self-control.

She knew not to lose herself. Or to trust and eventually be left all alone.

But maybe after 5 years of protecting herself, she could try and let go but still kept doubt inside her
But for Emily, for a slice of heaven with her, even the smallest one possible, she would take the risk.

But not by using her, by trying to finally truly love her

"No" she whispered back to her as she placed her hand on her beautiful face. She gently caressed her cheek with her thumb as the other hand placed her hair back neatly behind her ear.

She took her into her arms and hugged her.

Emily was surprised but understood. The love she had for her was unconditional, that she knew. She wouldn't let go, as she would accept Katherine as she was and when she was ready. Both women hugged each other, smelling theirs perfumes in the other's hair.

Somehow, maybe the painful realization of her reality hit Emily. She could tell her a hundred times that she loved her, but she had wounds deeper than those simple words could heal.

Katherine would have to learn with time that someone truly loved her. Not only Emily but all the others.

None wanted to let go, but they had to, as Katherine whispered to her dear one words of encouragement.

"My heart's desire is not to use you Emily, but give me time, and time will help me love you"

Touched, Emily's warm heart was pierced. The joy and pain collided, creating simple tears her eyes refused to let go.

When you fall in love, you can't explain to yourself what you're going through, but when you do, when you truly do, you don't need to question it or explain it.

Love is a journey that can be silly or weird, but sometimes it leads us to through something painful

For what is love if it isn't worth taking risks?
Or making sacrifices?

Is it? Worth it?

They don't know yet

-

Katherine stayed alone as Emily went to her office waiting for the people to come in for the day. She had much to think about, but nothing as important as Katherine