The Dark Blue Water

Sarah froze in a horrifying grip of terror, her leg was burning. She had no idea what bit her. Her mind was waiting for another attack, she read somewhere that a shark sometimes bumps its prey to investigate it, so all she could think about was a shark; under the dark blue water ready to attack. She looked up and it was dirt and rock. As far as Sarah knew she was still underground. There were no underground sharks that she knew of. She finally started swimming again, scrambling for the Island, she was almost there when something grabbed her foot, Sarah struggled to move but its grip would not break and she was pulled under the cold dark blue water. Sarah took a deep breath right as she was grabbed, she was struggling and kicking her feet, and there was a burning sensation as her foot had connected with something. She was released and rushed to the surface. Sarah swam as fast as she could, all of a sudden she wanted nothing more than to be on dry land. The rest of her trip to the island was a horrific race for shore, the whole time she was anticipating another attack or maybe the final one that put an end to her rescue. However, she made it to the island and she leaped out of the water and jumped in the sand. Sarah was kissing the sand and thanking God she was alive. Her leg had a bite on the right side of her thigh, it even cut through her jeans. Her foot also was cut open, she thought it looked like a razor blade cut, really clean and almost painless. She ran her fingers over the cut, it was sore to touch, very sensitive she thought. She stood up and started heading for the beach. That's when she heard the blood-curdling scream from Stacey. At least she thought it was Stacey, who else could it be? She ran from the beach, never once looking to check behind her to see the heads that protruded out of the water with glowing yellow slanted eyes that watched her every move.