S02:E05

•~3rd person P.O.V~•
"What?" Ellie's voice cracked as her mom looked at her sternly. "No! No, you can't do this to me!" Ellie watched her mom's jaw clench, a sign that she was angry.

"I'm your mother, Eloise, I can tell you what to do and you do it!" Ellie squeezed her eyes shut as her mom yelled at her. She hated yelling, she hated when people yelled at her and she hated when she yelled. She felt so bad for yelling at Eli just the other day, she thought about apologizing to him but now she decided that she wouldn't. "How could you say that to your brother?! Huh? Eloise, look at me!" Ellie opened her eyes, a tiny voice in her head telling her she was stupid for yelling at Eli. Telling her she should've known Eli would tell their mother about her yelling at him.

"He's mean, mama! He's changed, he's mean to everyone even Demetri." Ellie watched her mom roll her eyes, her heart falling to her feet. She hoped, despite that hope being proved wrong many times before, that her mother would agree with her.

"Eloise, I'm sick of your lies. Your bawl face lying to me, Eloise! Hawk is confident and you're just jealous that he has more friends than you do now. It's just sad that you can't be happy for him." Ellie wanted to yell, she wanted to scream, at her mom. Her mom knew exactly why she only had a few friends, because of the stupid deal Ellie made! Ellie wasn't jealous, she didn't give two craps that Eli had more friends than her!

But, Ellie didn't scream. She didn't want to cause a fight.

"I'm sorry," Ellie whispered, the lie giving her a bad feeling in her stomach. She said sorry a lot, and she meant it when she said it, but she also hated lying. Especially when it came to apologies.

"No, you're not sorry, Eloise. You do this all the time and every time you say your sorry but you never mean it." Ellie bit the inside of her cheek as she felt tears form in her eyes. She didn't want to cry in front of her mom, she didn't want her mom to know how much her words hurt her. "You're grounded, give me your phone." Ellie pulled her phone from her back pocket and softly placed it into her mom's hands. She didn't want her mom to say that she had an attitude by the way she gave the phone to her. "You can get this back when you deserve it. You can go places with Hawk and only wherever Hawk goes. You can't go and fix cars with Daniel LaRusso, you don't get to hang out with Robby Keene, and you don't get to hang out with Demetri. Understand?" Ellie pursed her lips together and nodded, if she opened her mouth she'd say something she would regret.

Ellie knew the relationship with her mother was terrible, and she didn't know what she'd done to make her mother hate her so much. She loved her mom, she would do anything for her, but she knew that feeling wasn't mutual. Her mother said on multiple occasions that Ellie reminded her of her father, that she was selfish, and that she was a brat. Her mom never had anything good to say about Ellie.

She hated how her mother adored Eli more than Ellie. It was blatantly obvious that Ellie's mother loved him more. Ellie did everything her mom asked, and it still wasn't good enough. Eli could do nothing and his mother would still be proud of him. Ellie hated it, if she didn't love Eli so much then it might've been replaced by hate.

~

"Eli, where were you?! I was worried." Ellie said, jumping up from her seat on the couch. It was a little over midnight, Ellie's mom went to sleep hours before along with her stepdad. Ellie's mind raced with various thoughts of what could be happening to her brother.

"Why are you awake it's," Eli looked up at the clock on the wall, "twelve-twenty-five!" Eli whisper-yelled, trying to shove Ellie back to her room.

"I was worried, Eli. Are you okay? Where were you?" Eli sighed and shook his head.

"I'm fine, you could've just texted me and asked." Ellie's eyes stuck to the floor, making Hawk furrow his eyebrows. "What?"

"I got grounded," Ellie mumbled. Hawk chuckled.

"Really? You? What did you do to get grounded?" Ellie folded her arms, still staring at the ground.

"Mom was mad that I yelled at you yesterday. So now I don't have my phone, I can only go where you wanna go, and I can't fix cars with Mr. LaRusso." Hawk felt a twinge of pain run through him. He hadn't wanted to get Ellie in trouble, he just mentioned it to his mom.

"Ellie, I'm so sorry. I-I hadn't meant to get you in trouble. I swear! I just told Mom about it, I didn't think she'd ground you for it." Ellie cleared her throat, bringing her head back up but not looking at Eli. Instead, she looked at the wall behind him. This was a tactic she used when their Dad was yelling at her. It allowed her to dissociate.

"It's okay, I know you didn't mean to." Hawk shook his head, her "far off" voice let Hawk know that she was only telling her what he wanted to hear.

"No, no, Ellie. I really mean it. I'll try and get Mom to unground you, I promise!" Ellie shook her head quickly.

"No, you'll make it worse. She'll just yell at me for telling you and making you feel bad." Eli sighed, he wanted to do something. He felt terrible, especially because he knew that his mom was awful to Ellie when he wasn't around.

"What can I do, Ellie?" Ellie drew in a deep breath, glancing at Eli, and then looked back at the wall.

"Nothing, I'm just glad you're back home and you're okay."

~

Ellie quickly figured out that Miyagi Do's dojo was trashed and she was rightfully angry about it. Especially after she figured out that whoever had done it had stolen Mr. Miyagi's Medal of Honor. When Ellie heard the stories of Mr. Miyagi and how he was a war veteran and got many medals, Ellie did research about such medals.

The Medal of Honor is the United States Armed Forces' highest military decoration and is awarded to recognize American soldiers, sailors, marines, airmen, guardians, and coast guardsmen who have distinguished themselves by acts of valor. The way it was shaped, allowed Ellie to know that Mr. Miyagi was in the army division of the military. The Army, Navy, and Air Force had different shaped medals.

Daniel told Ellie since she was in the Cobra Kai dojo when Daniel confronted Johnny about it, that they'd even trashed his cars. That was when Ellie connected the dots. Eli coming home late and smelling like paint. Eli had done this, Ellie didn't know the reason why but she knew Eli wouldn't give her a good reason. Because no reason he could come up with would be good enough.
________________________________
Word Count:1,214