"And you were right," Robby responded after a small minute of admiring her smile. Ellie's head quickly turned to Daniel, her shoulders pulling up in frustration.

"I'm sorry, I really have to go, I have this victory dinner thing with my brother," Ellie pulled her bottom lip between her teeth, realizing that she probably shouldn't have mentioned the dinner, "but if you need any help fixing the cars will you please call me, Mr. LaRusso?" Daniel smiled. Seeing Ellie so happy filled him with happiness, especially since Amanda always reported that Ellie was so unhappy at home.

"Of course, Ellie."

~

"So, you might be wondering what a team does after they win the championship. The answer? Victory nachos! It was supposed to be a round of drinks, but the waitress was not feeling Hawk's fake ID." Aisha smiled as she showed the people on her live the nachos on their table and everyone around it.

"Hey, don't talk about that. My parents follow you." Eli mumbled, praying his parents weren't watching him right then.

"Sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Moskowitz. Anyways, until next time, no mercy, bitches." Aisha sat down next to Demetri, as Eli glanced at Ellie. Simple hearing "Mr. Moskowitz" made Ellie's eyes go wide and caused her whole body to freeze.

"Mr. and Mrs. Lanely." Aisha looked up, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"What?"

"It's Mr. and Mrs. Lanely, not Moskowitz." Aisha looked between Ellie and Eli. Ellie sat at the end of the table, while Moon sat between her and Eli.

"I gotta say, it's nice to be at a victory party," Demetri spoke as he picked up a nacho from the plate.

"Yeah, except you had nothing to do with the victory." Eli sneered, taking the chip away from Demetri and shoving it into his mouth.

"Then I consider it a belated party for the coding competition we won at computer camp. Remember? Demetri and Eli, binary brothers!" Ellie laughed, Moon and Aisha did as well. Ellie loved the way Demetri shared old memories of Eli and him, it made Ellie remember that Eli was still deep inside of Hawk.

"Hey. Cool it with the nerd shit, huh?" Eli whispered although Ellie could hear. She hated the way Eli was starting to speak to Demetri. Like Demetri was a ghost from the past he never wanted to see again, but would never leave him alone.

"Hey, where's Miguel? Those wings are getting cold." The group turned and saw the empty seat where Miguel once sat. He'd been extremely down since his break up with Sam, and Ellie tried to sympathize with him as best as she could.

When Ellie pointed out that he was at a table, by himself, not too far away, Eli, Ellie, and Aisha joined him at the table.

"This is how you celebrate a first-place trophy?" Aisha asked teasingly, but Miguel didn't laugh or even chuckle in the slightest. He sighed, and Ellie noticed that he seemed even more down than usual.

"She blocked me." He mumbled that explains it; Ellie thought as she waited for someone to speak again. She wasn't sure how to comfort Miguel, she was good at comforting people but she never thought Miguel and Sam were a good fit.

"So, what happens when you get blocked? You counterpunch. Except maybe don't actually hit her this time." Ellie and Aisha's heads turned slowly to face Eli, giving him a strong glare. "What, too soon? Look, all I'm saying is don't give up." Eli added, somehow the mohawk and a tattoo got him more girls chasing after him than he needed.

"It's no use. I blew any shot I had with her." Miguel mumbled again. Ellie had never been a pessimist, it was then that she learned that Miguel was a pessimist. There were plenty of girls in the Valley, Miguel would surely find another girlfriend soon enough.