Aonung grunted painfully, his body heavy as he lay there. She stood above him, her face contorted in rage.

"That... was awesome!" Ritxa exclaimed, jumping and clapping excitedly. "Do it again, Kati!"

"Oh! Teach me that one!" Meyta shouted.

"Okay, okay, but what happens if he's still alive?" Sihi inquired, concern and curiosity evident in her voice.

"If he's still alive," Katiya replied, suddenly straddling Aonung's torso as she unsheathed her pocket knife. She placed the blade on his throat.

"Then you make sure he's dead," she said, her voice cold and emotionless.

He could feel the cold stone blade against his throat as he gazed up at her. Her gaze was piercing, and it was obvious what he did affect her more than she had shown.

Despite her rage, Aonung wasn't fazed.

In the golden hour of the sun, her golden pupils shed radiant light. Her left eye had a noticeable beauty mark underneath it.

The sun reflected on her face, making her look like a goddess. Her skin glowed in the sunlight, and the beads in her hair sparkled like crystals.

A gentle breeze drifted through her hair, flowing gracefully. Her lips were the color of freshly picked water lilies, and her cheeks were rosy.

She shined in the golden hour, her beauty almost too exquisite for words.

He really has fallen for the Omaticaya girl, hasn't he?

His expression softened, taking her by surprise again. He hoped there was still a chance to heal the rift between them.

"I'm sorry, Kati. I should've never let go of that rope," he said softly, fighting the desire to reach up and touch her face.

Aonung's words shocked her, and for a moment she was silent.

Katiya's eyebrows furrowed, her face full of mixed emotions. In response, she retracted her knife and got off him before he could get an answer from her.

Now she knew his intention.

He had stalked her like a predator just to apologize for what had happened at Three Brothers Rocks.

The lesson no longer seemed fun, so she ended it for the day. With one final glare at the Metkayina boy, who was still sprawled on the sand, Katiya walked away.

She made it very clear that his apology was not accepted.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Katiya secured the ends of the white bandage beneath the wrap, ensuring it didn't get in the way of the top she had on today.

Rather than wearing heavy clothing, she chose a lighter top for hunting. It had one strap moving horizontally from her shoulder, covering her buds, and two strings tied together behind her back. It was embellished with tiny leaves from her home.

As for her bottom, she chose a v-shaped piece with no loincloth covering, allowing her legs more freedom.

She completed the look with purple leggings, similar to her mother's. Behind her back was a sturdy bag of arrows and in her hand was her wooden bow.