13. the chase

*Author's Note*

Y'all, I had such bad vertigo last night that I threw up my dinner 😭 Never experienced that before, and hopefully never again.

But I'm okay now! <3 And, to those who are feeling overwhelmed with schoolwork, exams, and grades, finish strong! I believe in you!

P.S. Two chapters of the Neteyam book (Here with Me) will be out by Saturday, if not tomorrow night. For my Neteyam readers, thank you for always being so patient with me!

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"So... is everyone ready?"

Tsireya glanced at the group nervously, then at Aonung and Katiya. They weren't on speaking terms and often glared at each other in frustration.

Even though he wanted to avoid Katiya, Aonung couldn't avoid his duty. Along with Tsireya and Rotxo, they were taking the Sully siblings to explore the jungle today.

Earlier, Tsireya made them swear to keep things peaceful. So Katiya sighed and held Tuk's small hand as everyone followed Tsireya into the jungle.

She made sure to maintain a distance between herself and Aonung as they ventured through the trees. He walked ahead of her and behind Neteyam.

Observing him subtly, she noticed that the wound on his arm no longer had a cover. Gradually, it had healed, and now it was a pinkish color and would soon become a scar.

"Where are we going?" Tuk asked loudly, making sure Tsireya heard her.

"We are taking you guys to a beautiful location in the jungle. There's a waterfall there," Tsireya answered, glancing back at Tuk.

"Really? I love waterfalls!" Tuk cheered. "One time, we were at a waterfall, but back at home though, not here, and Loak wanted to jump from the high part and he did. But the water was really strong and when he came out of the water—"

"Tuk, shut up!" Loak hissed, glaring back at the little girl. "That doesn't concern Reya."

"He was butt naked." Kiri finished and laughed as she walked beside Katiya and Tuk.

Hearing this, the group burst into laughter.

"Shut up! I forgot to tighten my bottom, okay?" Loak murmured, lowering his head in embarrassment. "I hate you guys..."

Tsireya giggled cutely with a hand over her mouth as she fixed her eyes on him.

Further into the jungle, they encountered more trees with low-hanging branches. There was smoke enveloping the trees, indicating the waterfall was nearby.

In an attempt to avoid being hit, Neteyam ducked and held onto a tree branch as he passed through, letting it go and accidentally hitting Aonung in the face.

"Bro," Aonung hissed, pushing the branch away.

"My bad," Neteyam smiled sheepishly.

Tuk, who witnessed this, laughed. "Do it again!"

In amusement, Katiya bit back a laugh, since she was convinced that Aonung deserved it a little bit and perhaps she wanted to see it again too.

A stunning view of the waterfall lay before them, and they stared in awe. Under the surface, a beautiful body of water teemed with life.