6. siblings' love affair

Taking a seat on the netted walkway in front of her family's Marui, Katiya sighed as she listened to the rain pitter-patter into the water.

It was a gray day today with a cloudy sky and a gloomy weather forecast.

Aonung's cousin informed Ronal about what Katiya had done to her, so Ronal spoke to Katiya's father about the incident.

As a result, Jake grounded Katiya from all activities, including being in the water, in the jungle, and using her bow and arrow for two days.

There was nothing visible on the horizon but a gray reflection in the sea from the clouds that covered the sky.

She frowned when she saw Loak and Tsireya seated across from each other on a protruding rock in the water.

Tsireya's eyes were closed, but her mouth moved as she spoke.

Suddenly, Loak touched her forearm, prompting her to giggle at what he had said to her.

She looked back at him in awe and shook her head.

The two of them were alone, flirting with each other, and Katiya did not like it in the slightest.

Getting up, she made her way over to them, and the rain immediately kissed her skin as soon as she was out of the shade.

However, she didn't care because she was on a mission to disentangle her brother from her enemy's sister.

Upon meeting Katiya's gaze, Tsireya's laughter subsided. Loak turned his head and frowned when he saw his sister.

"Oh, Kati..." He said awkwardly. "Um, aren't you supposed to be grounded?"

Katiya crossed her arms.

"And aren't you supposed to be avoiding spending time alone with her?"

Loak rolled his eyes and said, "Reya's just teaching me the breathing techniques we learned the other day."

"That's right. Would you like to learn, Katiya?" Tsireya asked with a kind smile on her face.

Katiya paused for a moment as she pondered her answers. Perhaps she could stop them from flirting with each other if she stayed and acted as a third wheel for them.

Or she could drag Loak by his queue far away from Tsireya. However, this would require a lot of strength and energy because Loak would fight against her.

And since she wasn't feeling like doing much today, the first option made the most sense.

"Fine," Katiya said, narrowing her eyes at her brother as she intentionally sat between them.

"Scoot over," she hissed at him, striking his knee with hers.

Loak groaned and shifted slightly over to make room for her.

The sky sprinkled them with rain as Tsireya smiled, waiting patiently to start the lesson.

"Remember, you must breathe slow and steady breaths," Tsireya began. "The way of water has no beginning and no end. The sea is your home, before your birth and after your death."

As a demonstration, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath before exhaling, prompting Katiya and Loak to follow her example.

Katiya realized that, unlike Aonung, Tsireya was the embodiment of kindness.

Although they hadn't been here long, Tsireya had never insulted, judged, or done any harm to them.

Perhaps not all reef people are as terrible as she thought.