Chapter 22

Val's pov

He slipped a silver ring with green leaves and a blue stone onto my finger and I kissed him deeply feeling tears of happiness roll down my face. We quickly rode back to give his father the news and I needed to send a letter to my family telling them what has happened.

"I must speak with my father," legolas said to the guard and he let us through.

"Ah legolas, val what can I do for you?" Thranduil asked

" I proposed to val, and we are getting married!" He said excitedly and his father smiled brightly.

"Congratulations my son! We shall have a party tonight to celebrate!" The King yelled out and we smiled happily together.

We walked out and I decided to go and shop for my wedding dress for our wedding but I would go a couple of weeks from now but I needed to write a letter to my sister.

Dear father, elrohir, and Eladan

I have great news to tell you which is... I'm getting married! Today we arrived form lorien and he proposed to me with a beautiful ring. We will have the wedding in a month and I do hope you can attend it, considering it would mean the world to me. I love you all so much and I was hoping that Arwen could come early to help me shop for a wedding dress!
Love, val

I quickly delivered it to the messenger and told him to make haste for it needed to be there as soon as possible. I opened my closet to find something tonight for the celebration. I found a royal blue dress, the color of my eyes and it was tight to my mid thigh and it had ruffles at the bottom.

I got a silver leaf clip and clipped two pieces of my hair to the back of me head. I headed down stairs after putting make up on and made my way in my high heels down the grand stair case and into the party. Many congratulated while making my way to find legolas. Two arms wrapped around my waist from behind and I snuggled into the crook of the neck of my fiancé.

"Hello Legolas," I said and he was smiling like crazy.

"Hello lethallan." He said and we quickly kissed.

As soon as we sat down for dinner about twenty minutes is when most were finished. All went well in at the party, many come and went, but the one that was more consistent than I liked was Tauriel kept close enough to make me uncomfortable. Unless she tries anything I shall remain passive. I danced with Legolas and the world seemed to bend in my favor for the first time in a while. I was actually happy and I though back to all the days I sat in that cell before seeing a man who changed my life forever.

"Legolas, I am going to retire to my chambers and I will see you in morning my love." I said and kissed him on the lips before getting up and heading toward my room.

I passed by the kitchen and poked my head in and saw all the servants and chefs sitting in a circle and laughing.

"The party was lovely! Thank you so much my friends!"

They all waved to me and I entered my room and shut the door behind me. I went to my balcony and stared into the dark night. I snapped my fingers and a fire ball appeared in the palm of my hand. I started conjuring several different things until I had in front of me, a small mix of fire, ice and lightening. I waved my hand and it all disappeared. A knock at my door startled me and I opened it to see Melody, my lady in waiting.

"Hello melody, can I help you with something?"I asked while ushering her inside.

"No milady, I came to to gather clothes to be washed," she replied and I smiled

"Thank you Melody, you are amazing." I said and she smiled back at me.

I had a feeling we would become very good friends. I undressed and redressed into my nightgown and slipped under the covers of my bed and fell into a disturbed sleep.

I smiled up at my father and my sister and brothers were around me and we we all were happy once again. Then suddenly, behind them our home started to light on fire. The flames burned around us and eventually went around me so every member burned to death. I screamed as the flames begun to lick at my ankles and through the smoke one final body was seen, Legolas had a spear through his body and was on his side.

I sat up and steadied my breathing. I don't know why I have such a fear of this. I got out of bed and grabbed a candle and left my room. I traveled to the royal quarters and slowly turned the knob of Legolas' room. Once inside, I set the candle on a table and slid under the covers next to him. He moved his arm so it was resting on my shoulder and I laid my head on his chest and fell asleep.

(6 months later)

A two weeks from today I would be married to Legolas, the love of my life. Arwen had come two weeks ago to help me with my dress but departed to gather the rest of my family that would come in a weeks time. I just finished in the kitchen with more tasting for the cakes with Legolas. Even though we had decided, the cook insisted on trying more just in case even though we still had some time. The day went by rather quickly and Legolas has been acting a little strange lately, like he was preparing for something for a secret. I couldn't wait. Before I knew it, I was already heading to my bedroom to try and sleep.