Chapter 16

Val's pov

"Foolish boy," the king said and knocked Legolas aside.

He started toward Legolas but I ran in front of him and told myself to protect him at all costs. he threw magic at me but I deflected it and legolas.

He changed directions of the blows to get around me and to Legolas but I stayed as firm as a brick wall and kept blocking until we fought and I got to the point where he was starting to let his guard down more.

"Go back to your filth hole," I said and conjured all of my offensive magic ready to fire when he smirked and disappeared in a second.

"Legolas? Oh please legolas, stay with me!"I begged and yelled for help and two guards came with a stretcher.

They carried him toward the castle where I was forced to go with them. after I made the king retreat, the orcs retreated but we did not chase them for our deaths were too many. I walked in when a nurse ushered me out the door and to the bench just outside the door.

After two days of sitting outside the healers room only leaving for food and water but I did not sleep. I would wait for Legolas until he end of time and beyond for I owed him a debt. just then the healer walked out and I stood up quickly.

"He is asking for you, my lady," she said and gestured inside.

I walked in and Legolas was propped up with a pillow and he was shirtless with bandages covering his sides and ribs. His eyes were closed and opened when I walked in. He smiled from ear to eat and I felt the tears well up in my eyes.

"Val, I'm so happy to see you," he said and I ran over and hugged him.

"I'm so glad you are ok" I said

"You are hurting me val" he said and I let go still smiling.

"Sorry,"

"Have you slept?" He asked and rubbed his thumb under my eyes with his palm on my cheek.

"No, and hardly eat but I couldn't leave you" I said and he removed his hand and I sat on the edge of the bed next to him.

He grabbed my hand an squeezed with whatever energy he had, he looked like he had a question.

"Val, an I ask you question?"

"Of course,"

"Remember when you were taken and I was about to ask a question?"

"Yes, you never did finish."

"Will you... Would you like to come with me to a village celebration in a couple of days?"

"Of course, I would love to,"

"I have something for you," he said and took my mothers necklace of the table and handed it to me.

"No you keep it," I replied.

"Take it, to remember," he said and closed t hand around it.

I got up and told him that I needed sleep and would return later, which I knew I would. I walked toward my chambers and opened it to get a flash of memories. I remember walking with Legolas when I couldn't sleep because of my vision about the war. I still hated my self for that, I could have killed him! I laid down on the bed and let sleep take me away.

Legolas pov

I was being treated every 20 minutes for my ribs which were healing quickly. I can't believe that Val never left the outside of the room until I awoke. she is so thoughtful and beautiful that it takes my breath away. I wonder what happened to the rest of the orcs that made it away from us. my thoughts begin to drift to Tauriel and how she probably feels about me. I drift off to much needed sleep and dream about my life before all this started to happen.

"Legolas, come here please," my mother called from then other room.

"Coming ana!" I yelled running, only 500 years old.

I played with a wooden carving of a dragon. I pretended I was flying with it when I ran into my mother and she picked me up, both of us giggling away. then my father picked us both up and we all collapsed into a pile still laughing. The face of my father smiling and laughing wasn't a scene I had seen since my mother died. She suddenly clutched her stomach and the scene changed when we were on the battle field and she was just stabbed by an orc. I screamed out and ran toward her, and I held her head and cried with anger, sadness and passion.

I sat strait up and looked around still seeing my mother dying and then my father still laughing. Throughout a flash of memories I thought about the last time I had felt that happy. Val, she has made me happy beyond compare and I think I really like her. I smiled to myself and drifted off to sleep once more.

Time skip( four hours later)
Val's pov

I traveled to town after waking up after four hours of sleep. I decide to visit the other small shops and maybe run into little Chrissy again.

"Valerie!" A little voice yelled out

"Chrissy! How have you been? And you can just call me val," I said to her while giving her a hug.

"Good! Are you better?" She asked curiously.

Though the last time se saw me was a while ago and even then I was pretty bad so I am glad that she can see me better.

"Yes, very much so thank you." I replied with a smile.

"Chrissy? Chrissy!" Two voices continued to call her name.

An elleth and elloth came around the side of a building and I assumed them to be her parents.

"Are you her parents?" I asked curiously.

"Yes, who are you?" They responded

"Valerie, I met your beautiful daughter before. quite a ball of energy." I say with a small laugh which they join in on.

"Indeed. thank you though we must be going" they said and walked off with her.

She waved to me and I went in and looked at what a lovely town like this had for things to buy. finally I decided to go down to the spot that Legolas showed me and I felt at peace. I thought I would never see this place again. I placed my hand into the water and let the current wash over my skin. I then saw a beautiful red hibiscus a little over and I thought about giving it to Chrissy but I couldn't take it from this place.

"Thought I would find you here"