Chapter 15

Legolas pov

"You have to come back, I can't live without you val." I say

There almost seemed to be a flicker in her personality and she looked at me and her eyes widened and she whispered my name before she snapped back into the other.

"Then it will be war then," she said and turned away.

I grabbed her arm but red energy flew from around her and I staggered back unaware of her power. I got back on my horse and rode back to my army.

"What happened son?" My father asked.

"She has no memory of me or anything and she thinks she is from that terrible city of orcs and her power is immeasurable." I say quickly.

"Then we fight," he said.

My father was to ride to the back and direct the archers while I lead the army up front.

"Today we kill these filths and show them that we will not surrender! Kill as many as you can! But do not touch the girl!" I say to my troops.

I held my hand in a fist and all the archers pulled out their bows and awaited my fathers command.

"FIRE!" And hundreds of arrows went flying killing the first and part of the second lines of orcs.

I shot mine toward the king but val created a shield protecting herself and him. I shot again but instead at the Orc next to the king and she didn't make a move. So she doesn't care about the orcs but she cares about the king. That means to take him down.

"March!" Was the next command.

We all ran froward and met in the middle. that's when the blood bath started. I started for val but then I see a foolish warrior coming up behind her. he raised the sword but she already knew he was there. then came another wave of power from her. Then she disappeared.

I looked around trying to find her but there were too many orcs. half the day we have been fighting this fight but I still have had no luck finding her. I hear a distant voice of my father saying to retreat. I ran toward the forests and on the way I found a horse and jumped on. we rode to a outskirts of forts and we made our stand here. I went inside but as soon as I was alone, I knew I wasn't.

"So how long have you been waiting for us to get here?" I said to the shadow and val emerged.

"About an hour, I have to say you held up good." she replied

"What do you want?"

"Somehow I got the feeling you wanted me for something,"

"So how did he do it?"

"Do what?"

"You know exactly what I mean!" I say angry now.

"He blinded her with power and then now she is in a dream, in her head, she is with her family and there is no way out." she replied with a smirk.

I stepped closer and she started to move her fingers which caused me to be lifted off the ground. she smashed me against walls and broke my ribs.

Suddenly I got an idea, I pretended to be dead and she came over and squatted down to see if I was still alive, as soon as she got close enough, I grabbed her by the neck and pulled her close and kissed her passionately. She punched me in my ribs and moved to stand up.

"How dare yo- AHHHHH!" She started and then clutched the sides of her head and screamed bloody murder.

She fell on the floor and I slowly I crawled and held my ribs to get over to her. she had stopped screaming but she laid deathly still on the floor.

"Val? No!" I yelled.

I turned her over and her eyes were closed and she was breathing faintly, which was just enough. I held her head in my lap and stroked her hair while letting the tears drop from my eyes.

"Legolas?" I heard a small voice just able to hear.

"Val? Val! Your ok!" I said and held her close.

"You couldn't get rid of me that easily," she said while smiling.

She stood up and I was about to follow when a ton of pain shot up my sides and red outlines my vision as I collapsed to the floor.

"Oh my gosh, are you ok?" She asked but she took my dagger and cut open the tunic to see the issue.

"It's nothing Val," I replied.

"I did this. didn't I?"

"No, it wasn't you"

"Yes, yes it was, hold on,"

She placed her hands on my ribs and focused really hard, and suddenly the bones healed themselves an she fell back exhausted.

"We have to hurry it won't last long. but we need to get help." she said

"Wow, though I have to get you to a horse" I said but she shook her head.

"I have to go back to the battle," she said and from the look on her face, I knew she was serious.

I helped her and soon we were running toward the battle now a little farther up from the fort. I saw the king and I was heading out, leaning on val for support.

"Don't go near her again!" I said

"Foolish boy, " he said and knocked me aside and my vision went dark.